DENVER, Sept. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The SRI Conference will host its 28th annual gathering at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, California November 1–3, 2017. It is expected to draw a large, diverse group of progressive investment advisors, investment managers, and change agents who are creating positive impact throughout public and private businesses and capital markets.
The SRI Conference will equip attendees with the knowledge and tools they need to integrate sustainable, responsible, and impact (SRI) investment principles into their practices. They will learn how to better serve clients interested in aligning their investments with personal values. Attendees will also hear from experts who will discuss how investment portfolios can address concerns about topics such as climate change, corporate diversity, water conservation, and human rights.
Participants will also learn first-hand about complex SRI investing themes and strategies, and how to leverage environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data and analysis to reduce risk, enhance returns, and deliver positive impact to society at large.
"The Conference is designed to connect investment professionals with issue experts and facilitate education about how sustainable, responsible, and impact investment strategies can be applied across asset classes," said Steve Schueth, president of First Affirmative Financial Network and producer of The SRI Conference. "It is clear that SRI and ESG are important to a rapidly broadening base of investors. This year's speakers and sponsors reflect this significant growth across the industry spectrum."
Session topics will include:
- Stewardship, Sustainability, and the Metrics of Materiality
- The Cost of a Climate Change Comb-Over
- ESG Data / Rankings: New Kids on the Block
- What Every Advisor Should Know About Running a Successful SRI / ESG Practice
- Investing for A Better World: How the SDGs Are Reshaping Companies and Investing
- Active and Passive, International and Domestic: Perspectives on ESG Integration at the Portfolio Level
- Impactful Matchmaking: How Advisors First Talk Impact with Clients
This is the first time in the conference's history that it will be held on the West Coast.
Investment professionals who attend the conference can earn 7 to 16 hours of continuing education (CE) credits if they hold CFP, CFA, and CIMA designations.
Special training is available before and after the 2017 SRI Conference:
- US SIF Foundation Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investing Course: Attendees may register for a three-hour in-person training session on the morning of November 1st.
- Summit Camp: First Affirmative Financial Network will host its post-conference Summit Camp for advisors November 3–5.
To register for The SRI Conference, please visit www.SRIconference.com.
About The SRI Conference
The 28th annual SRI Conference will be held November 1–3, 2017, at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, CA. The SRI Conference is the premier annual forum for investment professionals and investors engaged in sustainable, responsible, impact (SRI) investing. Conference participants include investment professionals, institutional investors, and related organizations. The program features educational sessions and opportunities to network with hundreds of like-minded individuals, organizations, and leaders in the field of sustainable, responsible, impact investing.
SOURCE SRI Conference