MENLO PARK, Calif., March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SRI International, a leader in robotics innovations for more than 50 years, will host the Xconomy Forum: The Future of Robotics in Silicon Valley and Beyond, on Thursday, May 3 from 1 to 5:00 p.m. at SRI's headquarters in Menlo Park, followed by a networking reception.
The forum will bring together leading engineers, roboticists, and company executives from the Bay Area, Boston, and other innovation hubs to highlight promising advances and discuss how to accelerate future developments. The event will feature demonstrations, presentations, and discussions exploring strategies for strengthening the robotics industry in Silicon Valley and beyond.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Helen Greiner, Founder and CEO, CyPhy Works
- Mick Mountz, CEO, Kiva Systems (recently acquired by Amazon)
- Rich Mahoney, Director of Robotics, SRI International
- Curt Carlson, President and CEO, SRI International
- Steve Cousins, CEO, Willow Garage
- John Dulchinos, President and CEO, Adept Technology
- Charlie Duncheon, Founder and CEO, Grabit
- Aaron Edsinger, Co-founder, Meka Robotics
- Brian Gerkey, Director of Open Source Development, Willow Garage
- James Gosling, Chief Software Architect, Liquid Robotics
- Yoky Matsuoka, Vice President of Technology, Nest; former Director, University of Washington Neurorobotics Laboratory
- Tiffany Montague, Manager, Google Space Initiatives
For more information, including the event schedule and registration information, visit http://xconomyforum50.eventbrite.com/
About SRI International
Silicon Valley-based SRI International, a nonprofit research and development organization, performs sponsored R&D for governments, businesses, and foundations. SRI brings its innovations to the market-place through technology licensing, new products, and spin-off ventures. SRI is known for world-changing innovations in computing, health and pharmaceuticals, chemistry and materials, sensing, energy, education, national defense, and more.
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Detroit, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today's high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by the "Xconomists," who include some of the world's leading innovators.
Note to editors: Reporters interested in attending the event should contact [email protected] for registration information.
SOURCE SRI International