NEW YORK, LONDON and YOKOHAMA, Japan, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- "When developing the STAR-CCM+ v7 series, our goal is threefold; to further shorten the product development schedule of users, to help them increase the quality of their products, and to deliver unique insight into their product's behavior and performance. STAR-CCM+ v7.04 again illustrates our commitment to achieve our goal," said Senior VP of Product Management, Jean-Claude Ercolanelli.
Accelerate Your Product Development
One of the central tenets of simulation as applied to the product development process is that "sometimes a late simulation result is no better than no result at all." In order to play a role in product development simulation, results have to be supplied on time, every-time.
- Multi-part Solids improves the scalability of thermal simulations that previously involved multiple parts and materials.
- Solar Loads Calculator allows solar radiation to be automatically specified by latitude, longitude, time and date.
- Optimate and Optimate+ add-on modules directly employ state-of-the-art process automation and design optimization technology from Red Cedar.
Improve Product Quality and Reliability
By most standard definitions, quality and reliability are the extent to which a product meets or exceeds a customer's expectations. Increasing product quality is a strategic objective of every company involved in product design or manufacture. "If making better quality products were easy, everyone would do it. Any improvement in product quality is usually the result of significant investment in simulation-based-design," said Ercolanelli. "STAR-CCM+ v7.04 includes new modeling capabilities allowing users to tackle the most difficult problems industry has to offer, delivering better engineered products with premium quality and enhanced performance."
- Implicit Co-simulation between STAR-CCM+ v7.04 and Abaqus v6.12 increases the stability of highly non-linear fluid-structure-interaction problems, speeding up the solution time by use of typically larger time-steps, bringing practical FSI simulation within reach of every simulation engineer.
- Overset Mesh feature is expanded, allowing regions to travel to, and beyond, the boundary of the domain.
Better Insight into Product Performance
The ability to communicate engineering information, while engaging with an increasingly non-specialist audience, is a key skill for any CAE analyst.
- Line Integral Convolution plot brings 3D vector fields to life, allowing the interrogation of the complete flow-field.
- Aero-Vibro Acoustics add-on module provides a complete toolset for aero-acoustics analysis.
For further detail, visit: http://www.cd-adapco.com/news/2012/06-29_starccm704.html
CONTACT: Lauren Gautier, PH: 1-248-277-4600, Email: [email protected]