CHICAGO, July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Starfleet Media today announced the release of a new research study, called The 2014 Benchmark Report on B2B Content Marketing and Lead Generation. The study was designed to provide a current snapshot of how B2B companies are creating, licensing and utilizing content assets in their incessant quest to demonstrate thought leadership, raise brand visibility and generate qualified leads.
The 22-page report, in eBook format, is now available for complimentary download.
Among the key research findings:
- Fewer than one-eighth (12%) of marketers have been "very successful" in achieving their primary objectives for content marketing while more the one-third (35%) have "not been successful at all."
- Companies across all industries report produced or licensed an average of 4.5 content assets over the past 12 months.
- Marketers rank company-branded eBooks and infographics and third party-licensed research reports as having created the most value for their companies.
- 89% of marketers "agree" or "strongly agree" that unbiased third-party content is generally perceived as more credible than company-branded content; 76% "agree" or "strongly agree" that this content generally produces better-quality leads than company-branded content.
- Almost two-thirds (63%) of marketers plan to allocate more of their marketing budget to content marketing over the next 12 months.
Research for the benchmark report was conducted in Q2 2014. It was authored by Jeff Zabin, who previously held senior leadership positions at IT market research firms Gleanster Research and Aberdeen Group. His books on data-driven marketing improvement have been translated into more than a dozen languages and he has authored more than 350 influential research reports and articles over the past decade.
The new study is based on survey responses from a range of marketing and sales professionals, many of whom subscribed to the author's previous research on marketing, customer relationship management and sales improvement. A total of 261 qualified respondents participated in the study, which has received production and distribution support from media partners B2B Sales and Marketing, DemandCon and Integrated Marketing Summit.
About Starfleet Media
Starfleet Media is the leading provider of content marketing programs tailored to meet the inbound marketing and lead generation needs of B2B companies in selected niche markets. Participating companies underwrite Smart Decision Guides™ – compelling, comprehensive and unbiased content assets that help people make informed buying decisions – allowing them to raise brand awareness, educate target audiences, increase website traffic, generate qualified leads and acquire new customers in a cost-effective manner. Our proven demand generation methodology, extensive partner network, and next-generation SEO infrastructure ensure that Smart Decision Guides "get found" by the right prospects. To learn more, please visit www.starfleetmedia.com.
Media Contact: Alisha Levin, Starfleet Media, 847.926.7197, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Starfleet Media