NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Newport News, Virginia is a town of rich history and culture. Those that come for a lesson in the past will not be disappointed by the selection of fun and educational attractions that one can visit in this town that's only 23 miles long and three miles wide.
Top area attractions in Newport News include:
- City Center at Oyster Point – City Center at Oyster Point is an impressive new development where shopping, dining, living and work seamlessly blend in an upscale, family-friendly outdoor complex. While there, guests can stay at the stylish Newport News hotel – the Newport News Marriott at City Center, located within the heart of the property.
- Downing-Gross Cultural Arts Center – Housing the Ella Fitzgerald Theater, the 276-seat venue honors the "First Lady of Song," who was born in Newport News in 1917.
- Endview Plantation – Endview is a historic house museum and offers guided tours year-round.
- Virginia Living Museum – This museum boasts an observatory, digital planetarium theater, outdoors boardwalk, living greenhouse and conservation garden.
- Mariners Museum – The largest of its kind in the Unites States.
- Ferguson Center for the Arts – World-class venue with outstanding acoustics ideal for any type of performance.
- Fort Eustis, Fort Monroe & Fort Langley – Historic military bases formerly used for military protection are now used for training soldiers in the U.S. Forces.
- Christopher Newport University – A local university focused on education, scholarship, leadership and service.
- Lee Hall Mansion – Lee Hall offers visitors a step back to the mid-Victorian period.
For more information on any of these local attractions, visit http://www.newport-news.org.
About Newport News Marriott at City Center
This modern hotel near Langley AFB offers travelers the amenities of upscale entertainment, while being minutes away from Colonial Williamsburg and area attractions. Overlooking the City Center fountain, this Newport News, VA hotel fosters creativity in a relaxing environment making it ideal for business or leisure. Revitalize body and mind in contemporary Newport News lodging, providing high-speed Internet access and plush bedding. Escape from typical Newport News hotels and discover the distinctive style of the Newport News Marriott at City Center.
For more information or to make a reservation, call 757-873-9299 or visit http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/phfoy.
SOURCE Newport News Marriott at City Center