SUBMISSION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2010
WASHINGTON, Dec. 7, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Got a big idea to share with the wireless industry? International CTIA WIRELESS® 2011 today announced a new competition that recognizes concepts for wireless products, applications and services that demonstrate the transformative power of wireless. Online peer voting will reward the top three submissions with stage time to present at the annual tradeshow. International CTIA WIRELESS will take place March 22-24, 2011 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.
- Apps, Content & Money - mCommerce, social networking, content, OS, platforms, multimedia, marketing and advertising, etc.;
- Enterprise & Vertical Markets - healthcare, energy, transportation, education, finance & banking, general enterprise, etc.;
- Handheld Devices, Modules and Wearables - phones, smartphones, tablets, embedded wireless, machine-to-machine, wireless clothing, wearable monitoring systems, etc.;
- Operator/Carrier Services & Network Infrastructure - LTE/4G, Wi-Fi, Wi-MAX, in-building, backhaul, convergence, testing, etc.; and
- Everything Else - any big idea that does not fall under one of the above categories.
The submission deadline for The BIG Idea Contest is Wednesday, December 15, 2010. On January 10, 2011, all BIG Idea submissions will be posted to a public site to allow wireless and telecommunications industry professionals to vote and determine the top five finalists. Three winners will share their big ideas at International CTIA WIRELESS in Orlando on March 22 and 23.
About The BIG Idea Contest
A non-refundable application fee of $750 applies to the first submission, and $500 for each additional submission. The competition timeline is as follows:
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, December 15
- Voting begins: Monday, January 10
- Voting ends: Thursday, February 10
- Finalists announced: Monday, February 14
- Winners announced: Tuesday, March 22
- Winner presentations: Tuesday – Wednesday, March 22-23
Follow CTIA Shows on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CTIAShow
About CTIA Shows
CTIA shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® 2011 takes place March 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ 2011 takes place October 11-13 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. Visit www.ctiashow.com.
CTIA–The Wireless Association® is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and produces the industry's leading tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C. Visit www.ctia.org.
SOURCE CTIA WIRELESS 2011