WASHINGTON, Jan. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. is proud to announce the election of five new directors – Matthew S. Bodenstein, Christian A. Camarce, Kyle E. Conklin, Nicholas J. Nowak, and Chandrika Vira – effective January 1, 2017.
"My fellow directors and I, along with the entire Sterne Kessler family, are pleased to welcome Matt, Christian, Kyle, Nick, and Chandrika to our directorship. Each is a talented attorney who has demonstrated great dedication to our clients, the firm, and our communities. We appreciate their contributions in making Sterne Kessler a firm of choice for our employees and our clients," said Managing Director, Michael B. Ray.
The firms new directors are:
- Matthew S. Bodenstein is a director in the Biotechnology/Chemical Group. He advises clients on patent matters in the fields of small molecule organic chemistry, pharmaceutical formulations, food chemistry, polymer chemistry, material science, and related chemical technologies. In addition to his focus on pure patent matters, Bodenstein regularly advises clients on transactional matters, and routinely drafts, negotiates, and reviews agreements on behalf of his clients. Bodenstein earned his J.D. from Temple University, and holds a B.A. and M.S. in Organic Chemistry, both from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Christian A. Camarce is a director in the Electronics Group. Camarce focuses his practice on patent portfolio management, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) post-grant proceedings, and preparation of infringement and invalidity opinions. He leverages his technical experience to assist clients in obtaining and enforcing patent protection in a wide variety of technologies. Camarce is also actively involved in the firm's post-grant practice. He represents patent owners and petitioners in inter partes review proceedings before the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Camarce holds a J.D. degree from University of the Pacific, as well as B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Florida.
- Kyle E. Conklin is a director in the Mechanical Group. Conklin counsels clients at all stages of the patent cycle. Helping clients to enforce patent rights and navigate the existing patent landscape, Conklin represents both patent owners and third parties in patent office litigation proceedings, including reexaminations and inter partes reviews. Many of these patent office litigation proceedings are involved in concurrent district court litigation. Conklin holds a J.D. from Texas Tech University, as well as a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Baylor University.
- Nicholas J. Nowak is a director in the Litigation Group. Mr. Nowak concentrates his practice in the areas of patent litigation and patent office litigation. He represents clients in patent cases in federal courts, before the United States International Trade Commission (ITC), and before the PTAB. Mr. Nowak's clients include industry leaders in the pharmaceutical, medical device, automotive, electronics, and software industries. He holds his J.D. from Boston College, as well as a B.A. in Biology from Bowdoin College.
- Chandrika Vira is a director in the Litigation and Biotechnology groups. Her practice focuses on patent litigation in federal district courts, patent office litigation, and appeals before the Federal Circuit. Vira specializes in representing clients in pharmaceutical patent litigation arising under the Hatch-Waxman Act. She has litigated cases involving a broad range of technologies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological arts and has experience with all phases of litigation from pre-filing investigations to trials and appeals. Vira holds a J.D. from The George Washington University Law School, as well as a B.A. in Molecular Biology from Coe College.
About Sterne Kessler
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, D.C., Sterne Kessler is dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced level degree, including 55 masters degrees and more than 60 with a doctorate in science or engineering -- credentials wide and deep enough to fill the faculty of a science-oriented university.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sterne-kessler-goldstein--fox-elects-five-new-directors-300387295.html
SOURCE Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox