VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- STIHL invented the electric chain saw in 1926, now it's reinventing battery power with product offerings to satisfy everyone from weekend warriors maintaining urban lawns to the most demanding professionals. The STIHL Lightning Battery System™ applies the STIHL legacy of innovation to a new generation of products, and combined with an extensive gasoline powered equipment range, provides customers with one of the broadest ranges of handheld outdoor power equipment in America.
"This expanded battery product range strikes the perfect balance of performance, features and value allowing users to have even more options to find the right tool for their homes and businesses," said Brian Manke, product manager at STIHL. "STIHL's battery system allows the equipment to run smoothly and quietly in a lightweight, comfortable package, while still delivering the power to get the job done."
Versatile Line Allows Users to "Pick Your Power"
STIHL offers one of the largest selections of battery-powered outdoor equipment available, providing customers multiple product solutions for a variety of applications. With a single battery, users can power a wide range of equipment, including chain saws, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, blowers, pole pruners, extended-reach hedge trimmers, lawn mowers and a cut-off machine. The products are available in three tiers of performance, including occasional, frequent and extensive use:
- STIHL AI Battery Series: AI Series products feature an integrated battery, great performance and enough run time to take care of jobs around the house on a single charge. This value-priced series is perfect for smaller yards and condominiums in urban environments.
- STIHL AK Battery Series: AK Series products are lightweight, powerful and priced to impress. Each product includes the battery and charger, so users have all components needed to start working. This series is ideal for maintaining suburban yards and landscapes.
- STIHL AP Battery Series: AP Series products bring the power of gasoline to a wide range of products. AP products deliver professional-grade performance and run times to match.
STIHL Lithium-Ion Battery Technology
- Offers users an option to reduce their impact on the environment and provides a powerful alternative to gasoline-powered equipment
- STIHL batteries hit the sweet spot of performance and weight
- Low maintenance and operating cost – eliminates hassle and cost of fuel
- Long service life – more than 80% of battery capacity remains after 500 charges
- No battery memory limitation, no gradual drop in power – high performance; runs tool at full speed until battery is depleted
- STIHL Lithium-Ion batteries have indicator lights to indicate battery status/level of charge
To learn more about the STIHL Lightning Battery System™, visit STIHLbattery.com. Tell us your story. What can you do on a single charge? #RealSTIHL
About STIHL Inc.
STIHL Inc. manufactures the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America,* as well as the number one selling brand of chain saws in the world. STIHL is also the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment among U.S. landscape professionals.** STIHL products are sold through servicing power equipment retailers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Located in Virginia Beach, Va., STIHL Inc., the headquarters for U.S. operations for the worldwide STIHL Group, exports to over 90 countries around the world; and the majority of STIHL products sold in America are also built in America.*** STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only. For more information or for the name of a local STIHL retailer, call toll free 1-800-GO STIHL (1-800-467-8445), visit STIHLusa.com or text your zip code to 78445.
*"Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2016 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers. **"Number one selling" claim based on 2007-2016 syndicated Irwin Broh Research of the U.S. professional landscaper market. ***A majority of STIHLgasoline-powered units are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
STIHL is pleased to support the work of Independent We Stand, the Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund), International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), National FFA, National Association of Landscape Professionals, the National Recreation and Parks Association, the National Association of State Park Directors and the North American Retail Hardware Association.
For information on job opportunities with STIHL Inc., please go to www.stihlcareers.com. STIHL is an EEO and drug-free work environment.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stihl-harnesses-the-power-of-lightning-to-introduce-battery-line-300418482.html