SAN FRANCISCO, September 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global stone paper industry is expected to reach USD 22.88 billion by 2022 owing to the rising demand from key application segments, such as packaging, labeling, and self-adhesive paper. The growing application scope of the product in the aforementioned segments is attributed to the minimal environmental impacts, with regards to usage of water and energy, carbon emissions, and deforestation.
Packaging is the major application segment for the product, globally. The other key applications include labeling and self-adhesive paper. With the rapid growth in industries such as packaging, education, corporate and government firms, among others, there has been a considerable increase in demand for labeling and self-adhesive paper for labeling applications. These applications are integral to aesthetics enhancement, archiving, documentation, and several other processes in the aforementioned end-user segments.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Stone Paper Market Analysis By Application (Paper Packaging, Labeling Paper, Self-adhesive Paper) And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/stone-paper-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Globally, packaging and self-adhesive paper segments are expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, growing at CAGRs of over 4% during the forecast period; this rapid growth can be attributed to rapidly growing demand for eco-friendly packaging and labeling solutions for various products, driven by rising consumer awareness regarding deforestation and use of plastics, globally.
- Asia Pacific dominated the industry in 2015 with an estimated revenue of over USD 7 billion; this regional market is projected to grow significantly over the coming years owing to growing middle-class population, increasing disposably incomes, and rising consumer awareness regarding the negative impacts of pulp-based paper manufacture and the use of plastics.
- In the Asia Pacific region, the packaging segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% in terms of volume. Rising consumer awareness regarding the benefits of the product over its counterparts coupled with low environmental impact is expected to drive demand over the forecast period.
- The regional market is dominated by China; the market is expected to witness volume growth at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. China was one of the largest producer and consumer of the product in 2015. This trend is expected to continue over the forecast period owing to robust industrial policies as well as developing end-use markets.
- Key participants in the industry include Stone Paper Company Ltd., Soluz, KapStone, Parax Paper, and Taiwan Lung Meng Technology Co. Ltd., among others. In recent years, new product developments have been the major growth strategy adopted by key players for strengthening their positions in the global market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global stone paper market on the basis of application and region:
- Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2013 - 2024)
- Paper packaging
- Labeling paper
- Self-adhesive paper
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-ceramic-matrix-composites-market
- Compound Semiconductor Materials Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/compound-semiconductor-materials-market
- Argon Market Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/argon-market
- Superconducting Magnets Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/superconducting-magnets-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.