QUINCY, Mass., Dec. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Stop & Shop, a neighborhood grocer for more than 100 years, is unveiling its fresh new look in Massachusetts with the opening of a 20,950 sq ft store located in Newton Nexus recently developed by Crosspoint Associates, Inc at 165 Needham St. in Newton Highlands. This small concept store will be the first location in the state to feature the brand's new logo and updated design. The updates are part of a multi-year, chainwide initiative focused on a more customer-centric approach by providing more fresh, fast, local and healthy options that make grocery shopping easier. The store will open for business on Friday, December 14, at 7:00am and will create approximately 100 new jobs for residents in the area.
"We are excited to share our new store with the Newton community, and proud to show the local community our new offerings that are centered around making grocery shopping more convenient for our customers," said Stacy Wiggins, Senior Vice President of Operations for Stop & Shop. "We know our customers' needs are evolving, and we're continuing to improve our shopping experience accordingly."
As part of the grand opening celebration, Stop & Shop will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony and host community-focused events all weekend that include giveaways, family-friendly entertainment and food sampling. As part of Stop & Shop's commitment to the community, the store will also be donating $1,000 to the Newton Food Pantry. Celebrations will continue within the community in early 2019.
Highlights of the new Newton Highlands store include the following:
- Focus on Fresh – Although smaller in size, the store will offer a full assortment of produce with more organic and locally sourced options.
- New In-Store Experiences – Customers can choose from a selection of slow-cooked meats like brisket and baby back ribs available through the new in-store smoker or fill up growlers at a kombucha fountain. Beginning in January, they'll be able to create and bottle their own olive oil and vinegar blends at a DIY machine.
- More Grab & Go Options – The full-service deli, fresh salad bar, and sushi made in-store will make it easy for customers to grab fresh, healthy meals on the go.
- Mobile Payment Technology – Customers can save time when shopping in-store by using the SCAN IT! Mobile app to scan their items and pay with their smartphone.
- Curbside pickup – Customers who place online orders through Peapod can collect their groceries curbside, delivered straight to their car.
To learn more about Stop & Shop's new store and Newton-area events, visit www.facebook.com/StopandShop
About Stop & Shop
A neighborhood grocer for more than 100 years, today's Stop & Shop is refreshed, reenergized and inspired, delivering new conveniences for customers. Committed to helping its communities enjoy better food and better lives, Stop & Shop has a longstanding history of giving back to the neighborhoods it serves with a focus on fighting hunger and helping children to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC is an Ahold Delhaize USA Company and employs more than 61,000 associates and operates over 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit stopandshop.com.
SOURCE Stop & Shop