PURCHASE, N.Y., May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced the official Grand Opening of a new store in Pompton Plains, NJ located at 500 Route 23 at Jackson Avenue on Friday, May 16th with an official ribbon cutting held at 7:45 a.m.
For the past two years, Pequannock Township has been without a supermarket and now Stop & Shop will offer customers quality perishable and non-perishable departments, convenience options, technology tools to make shopping easy and thousands of low prices every day. The new 65,000 square foot store will feature key departments such as full-service meat and seafood, produce, bakery, deli, cheese shop, sushi, natural and organics. There's an expanded Nature's Promise area dedicated to natural and organic products. A PNC Bank is located in the store for customer convenience.
The in-store pharmacy offers a wide range of programs including our $3.99 for a 30-day supply or $9.99 for a 90-day supply with a valid prescription on over 200 generic medications; a full range of immunization services, no appointment needed; over-the-counter recommendations and expert advice on prescriptions; free flavoring for liquid medication; Auto-Refill Program – automatically refilling maintenance medication and sending pick up reminders to patients and more.
"We're looking forward to provide approximately 150 new jobs in Pequannock Township and support the residents and organizations in the community," said Don Sussman, Stop & Shop New York Metro Division president. "With the summer just around the corner we will continue to offer customers in the area the service, selection and value they expect from us."
The regular store hours are Monday through Saturday, 6 am – 12 midnight and Sunday, 6 am – 11 pm. Bill Diffin, a resident of Pompton Plains, has been appointed store manager to lead a store team of more than 150 full and part-time associates. Diffin is a veteran with Stop & Shop having most recently served as store manager of the Sparta, NJ location.
The property at Plaza 23 had been vacant due to several severe storms and flooding issues. Stop & Shop will open its doors with a range of flood-prevention measures including 4-foot flood doors at every doorway; subterranean pumps to collect water from the soil below the building and any leakage through walls and floors; water-resistant paint on the outside that won't let moisture through the exterior of the building and a new above-level mechanical room with a 4-foot raised flooring to house generators in case of power outage.
The new and improved Pompton location also has numerous sustainable features to conserve energy and reduce impact on the environment.
- Lighting: The lighting design will contribute to the energy savings with strategic fixture placement, fixture efficiency, efficient lamp and ballast combinations, and Energy Management System control schemes.
- Occupancy Sensors: Front office areas will include occupancy sensors to control lighting.
- Building Energy Management System: The HVAC, unit heaters, lighting, and refrigeration systems are controlled by an "Energy Management System" to monitor their performance and reduce power consumption.
- Energy Efficient Refrigeration Systems: The compressor racks are built with digital unloading to reduce energy consumption.
- Energy Efficient LED Lights are used in the produce department and in frozen food cases throughout the store.
In addition to energy efficiency there are several new and improved features in the Pompton Plains store:
- The decor features colorful photographic imagery in product areas that will wet your appetite; large interior billboards that highlight charitable community contributions to the local schools through A+ School Rewards Program; to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center through the Triple Winner Program; to hunger relief efforts through our Food for Friends program.
- SCAN IT! Is a hand held scanner that helps Stop & Shop customers simplify their shopping experience by allowing them to scan and bag groceries while they shop. The device keeps a running tally of the total bill, which allows customers to price-check and manage their budgets as they shop. SCAN IT! MOBILE offers a mobile, in-store shopping experience where customers can shop, tally and check out through their mobile phones. With SCAN IT! shopping is affordable, fun and helps customers save time and money.
- Deli vision is a customer-friendly technology tool for making deli shopping easier and faster. Customer can just select what they want, get a printout of their choices and total price. And then the customer can pick up their order at the Deli when they're ready to go.
- Peapod Pick-up is available at the new Pompton Plains store. Customers can shop anytime, anywhere from their desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone and then pick up their groceries in minutes. They don't even need to get out of the car. There is no fee for Stop & Shop Pick-up and no minimum purchase.
In celebration of our Grand Opening in Pompton Plains we are supporting the Boys & Girls Club of Pequannock, Newbridge Services and First Reformed Church of Pompton Plains with each designated non-profit organization to receive a $1,000 donation to help promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
Stop & Shop's Gas Rewards Program saves customers money at the pump! Each dollar spent shopping with the Stop & Shop card earns a point. Every 100 points saves 10 cents per gallon at the pump at participating Shell stations. Customers can earn points through "bonus" point items that are promoted in Stop & Shop circulars and in-store. The closest Shell station to the new Pompton Plains store is located at 1217 State Route 23, Wayne, NJ.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 59,000 associates and operates 395 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.
SOURCE The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC