NEW YORK, Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Strategic Analysis of OEM Strategies for All-Wheel Drive Systems in Europe : VW Group will Command 30% Market Share of AWD Vehicles by 2021
Executive Summary—Key Findings
4Motion and Quattro are expected to propel VW Group sales of AWD vehicles far ahead of competitors such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the premium segment.
Total AWD Systems Market: Key Takeaways, Europe, 2014
By 2021, the VW Group is expected to lead all-wheel drive (AWD) sales in the B and C segments, with almost units.
- Vehicles with AWD technology in these segments are expected to double to more than million units by 2021.
- Increasing popularity of crossover utility vehicles and growing demand for technologies that offer superior driving dynamics is expected to increase the take rate for AWD systems.
- The AWD systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of % to nearly € billion in 2021, mainly due to growth in C-segment vehicles.
- Russia has the highest percentage of drivers ( %) willing to spend more than € on full-time 4WD/AWD technology.
- Downsizing driveline architecture and disconnect driveline systems that offer superior fuel efficiency benefits compared to conventional AWD systems are expected to play an important role in the future of AWD technology.
- eAWD technology is expected to become more popular due to its potential to improve fuel economy by % and support original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to meet stringent emission regulations.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03302842-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.