GEORGETOWN, Ky., Nov. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- College and university are hard enough without the added challenges faced by those with disabilities, be they learning, mental health, or physical. To assist students, especially those off campus in online learning situations, TheBestSchools.org has released these Disability Guides:
- Learning Accommodations for Online College Students https://thebestschools.org/resources/learning-accommodations-online-college-students/
- Laws Impacting Students with Disabilities
- Disability Advocacy for Students Online
- Physical Disabilities and Online College
- Learning Disabilities and Online College
- Visually Impaired Students and Online College
- Hearing Impaired Students and Online College
- Autism Spectrum and Online College
- Disabled Veterans and Online College
- Mental Health Resources for Online College Students
- Online Learning News for Students with Disabilities
The guides pack legal rights information, support organization links, productivity enhancement tips, degree choice advice, and the latest disability-specific computer and assistive-technology tool suggestions to meet the unique needs of a variety of disabled students. In addition, at a time when students in online degree programs report the highest level of satisfaction with their college experience, TheBestSchools.org offers reasons why online college is perfectly suited for students with disabilities.
"No obstacles should stand in the way of students' dreams for their education," says Dan Edelen, marketing director for TheBestSchools.org. "While colleges continue to improve accessibility, we're working to bring all those positive services and improvements to the attention of those who need them most. Our Disability Guides meet a student's particular needs and does so in a way that delivers valuable information succinctly, while integrating a wide range of resources for simplified access."
TheBestSchools.org is the authoritative source for school rankings — secondary, college & university, postgraduate, online, and on-campus — providing millions of prospective students with the information they need to find the right school for them. TheBestSchools.org is an educational website whose staff and advisory board believe learning transforms lives for the better and should be a lifelong pursuit.