PENSACOLA, Fla., March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Studer Group, a Huron Healthcare solution, announced the speaker line-up for its annual What's Right in Health Care® conference, which will take place Aug. 2-4, 2016 in Chicago. The three-day event, which attracts more than 1,200 administrative and clinical healthcare professionals, focuses on improving healthcare through peer-to-peer sharing of leading practices.
Six keynote speakers include the following industry leaders:
- Mark R. Chassin, M.D., president and chief executive officer of The Joint Commission
- Warner Thomas, president and chief executive officer of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana's largest non-profit health system
- Gurpreet Dhaliwal, M.D., professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco and Studer Group national speaker focused on how doctors think, how they diagnose, how they make treatment decisions, and how they develop expertise
- Rich Bluni, R.N., Studer Group national speaker and healthcare engagement book author
- Bob Murphy, R.N., J.D., Studer Group national speaker and former hospital CEO
- Craig Deao, M.H.A., Studer Group national speaker and senior leader
The conference agenda also includes 35 general breakout sessions featuring speakers from organizations across the U.S., Canada and Australia. Speakers are selected based on criteria that includes top results or marked improvement in performance metrics or innovation in healthcare improvement. Curriculum tracks include emergency department, senior executives and boards, rural healthcare, physician leadership and general leadership. Each track is comprised of peer-led workshops taught through traditional lecture, role playing and case studies.
"Strategies shared by presenters will address common health system pain points that we've seen trending for several years now including managing increased transparency, reducing variation, and tackling shifting reimbursement models," said Debbie Ritchie, President of Studer Group.
New this year, attendees can expect a growing focus on physician-health system topics. The conference will feature specific sessions on building skills around physician leadership and communication, as well as addressing timely issues like physician burnout.
The concept behind What's Right in Health Care® is a conference that differs from other healthcare industry events by maintaining a focus on both the hearts and minds of healthcare professionals and celebrating what is working well in healthcare.
"I value the peer-led, practical learning at the conference. Presenters teach evidence-based tactics used in their own real-life journeys to improve" said David L. Callecod, president of Lafayette General Health System. "Every year, my team learns new skills and returns home recharged and ready to execute."
For a full list of presenters and topics visit www.WhatsRightinHealthCare.com
About Studer Group®, a Huron Healthcare solution: Studer Group is an outcomes-based healthcare performance improvement firm that works with healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and beyond, teaching them how to achieve, sustain, and accelerate exceptional clinical, operational, and financial results. To learn more about Studer Group, a Huron Healthcare solution, visit studergroup.com.
SOURCE Studer Group