CHICAGO, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumer demand for product transparency is on the rise, and brands that fulfill this demand by providing comprehensive product information are poised to grow market share and revenue. In fact, Label Insight's 2016 Transparency ROI Study reveals that nearly 9 in 10 consumers say transparency is important to them across every food product category, and 40 percent say they would switch to a new brand if it offered full product transparency.
The study, released today by Label Insight, a cloud-based data refinery for product data, examines the specific information consumers seek from brands, how they want to access that information, and how that information affects purchase behavior and brand loyalty. The study surveyed more than 2,000 consumers and reveals an overall desire for more product information, as well as an inclination to be more loyal to brands that provide more detailed insights.
"Label Insight has long believed that there is a tangible return on investment with transparency of product information between brands and consumers," said Patrick Moorhead, CMO of Label Insight. "This study reveals what matters most to consumers in terms of the products they use and consume, and draws a clear correlation between transparency and improved consumer trust, enhanced brand loyalty, and overall long term value in repeat purchase."
The report addresses the impact of transparency on consumer loyalty and purchase behavior, and provides guidelines for brands on how to develop trust among consumers. Key findings include:
- Portfolio Potential: 81 percent of consumers say they would consider a brand's entire portfolio of products if they switched to that brand as a result of increased transparency.
- Brand Trust: 56 percent report that additional product information about how food is produced, handled or sourced would make them trust that brand more.
- Transparency and Revenue: 73 percent say they would be willing to pay more for a product that offers complete transparency in all attributes.
- Transparency Fosters Brand Loyalty: 94 percent of respondents say they are likely to be loyal to a brand that offers complete transparency.
- Millennial Moms Spend: 86 percent of 18 to 34-year-old women with children say they would pay more for food products with completely transparent information.
- SmartLabel Adoption and Trust: 79 percent say they are very likely or somewhat likely to use SmartLabel technology and 44 percent say they would trust a brand more if it participated in the SmartLabel initiative.
"For brands to succeed in today's marketplace, they must understand that consumers place transparency above many other factors, and switch to competitive products that provide detailed product information," added Moorhead. "By providing information consumers want in one place, brands have the opportunity to create lasting trust and valued relationships with their customers."
To view the complete results of the 2016 Transparency ROI Study, visit:
About Label Insight
Label Insight is a cloud based data refinery for product data that powers transparency between CPG brands, retailers and consumers. The company works to capture, analyze and enrich data contained on the packaging and labeling of food, pet, and personal care products. Label Insight's platform enables transparent, open access to accurate product information. Label Insight's platform contains more than 200,000 products, representing 80% of the top purchased CPG products in the USA today.
Label Insight customers use this data to provide greater transparency to consumers; easily participate in industry and government initiatives, such as SmartLabel; create more connected omni-channel experiences; and maximize category growth potential.
To learn more about Label Insight, visit www.labelinsight.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/study-nearly-three-fourths-of-consumers-would-pay-more-for-products-that-offer-complete-transparency-300318901.html
SOURCE Label Insight