LOS ANGELES, Oct. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SubPac, the leading tactile audio company, today announced its groundbreaking new wearable tactile audio system. The new SubPac M2 now offers creators and fans the most immersive personal audio experience to date, allowing them to feel the physical dimension of sound wherever they are, while being quiet to the outside world.
The SubPac M2 combines new proprietary tactile transducers and vibrotactile membranes with an all-new design to create an enhanced vibratory field for optimum efficiency, impact and comfort. A slimmer control box, Bluetooth receiver and high capacity Li-ion rechargeable battery allow the patent-pending M2 to go anywhere with ease.
Says John Alexiou, SubPac CEO and co-founder, about the M2: "We are on a mission to introduce the physical dimension of music and sound to the world. With the SubPac M2, we have created the most immersive wearable audio experience to date. Anyone can now experience audio the way the creator intended - full immersion, anywhere, anytime."
Used by leading producers and sound designers in studios around the world, SubPac technology has become the industry standard in tactile bass for music professionals and enthusiasts. Equally applicable to gaming, virtual reality and beyond, SubPac re-imagines how sound is experienced. SubPac does not require any special authoring of the audio content and provides a simple plug-and-play, high-fidelity and immersive experience right out of the box.
The applications of SubPac technology have been pushed far beyond the realms of music production and enjoyment, including integration into Peugeot's "Fractal" concept car designed by music producer Amon Tobin, part of the VR enhanced premiere of Universal Pictures Jurassic World, and enabling the deaf and hard-of-hearing to feel music for the first time at this year's Rock in Rio festival in Brazil.
SUBPAC M2 FEATURES
- New materials and design for enhanced vibratory field.
- New optimized tactile transducers for improved accuracy and energy efficiency.
- New ergonomic design for maximum impact, body contact and comfort.
- Nano silver treated materials to control bacteria and odor from active use.
- Slimmer control box with dedicated placement points on the unit.
- Flexible control cable for greater ease of movement.
- Bluetooth 4.0 input with A2DP streaming.
- High capacity Li-ion rechargeable battery now runs 6+ hours per charge.
SUBPAC M2 TECH SPECS
- Frequency Response: 5hz-130hz
- Wired Input: 3.5mm stereo
- Headphone Out: 3.5mm stereo
- Wireless Input: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP Streaming
- Charger: 15V 1.6A 24W w/ Intl IEC-c7 cables
- Rechargeable Battery: 10.8V, 2300mAh Li-ion battery (6+ hours per charge)
- Dimensions: 17" x 12" x 1.5" (43cm x 30cm x 4cm)
- Weight (including battery): 4.8lbs (2.2kg)
Available for pre-order now at www.thesubpac.com/order/subpac-M2
Download images of the SubPac M2: https://studiofeed.box.com/SubPac-M2-PRMedia
SubPac is a patent-pending audio technology that provides a new physical dimension to music, VR and gaming by translating low frequencies into a full body experience. Available as a wearable (the M2) or seatback unit (the S2), SubPac creates the most immersive personal audio experience available.
SubPac is a product of StudioFeed, a global community of artists, engineers and technologists headquartered in Los Angeles.
For more info on SubPac visit: http://thesubpac.com