NEW YORK, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Entertainment Cruises, the largest harbor cruise company in the United States, today announced their New York and New Jersey specialty cruise schedule for the summer season. Embarking on unique tours of the Hudson from Chelsea Piers in New York and Lincoln Harbor in New Jersey, Entertainment Cruises will offer an exceptional collection of sailing options, ideal for locals and tourists alike to cool off and enjoy the summer heat on the water.
Entertainment Cruises' offerings feature outstanding dining and entertainment options as well as spectacular views of the New York City skyline, giving guests a complete cruise experience. Whether sailing with friends, family or co-workers, the upcoming summer schedule has something for everyone:
- Fourth of July Cruises will set sail aboard Spirit of New York and the recently renovated Spirit of New Jersey, featuring a deluxe dinner buffet and DJ while Bateaux New York will offer a plated dinner and 3-piece band with vocalist. Each of the cruises will include premium bar packages and spectacular views of the fireworks from their open-air decks.
- The Gospel Lunch series will take place aboard Spirit of New York and Spirit of New Jersey on select Saturdays throughout summer 2012. Each voyage offers a serene afternoon on the water, boasting a live gospel performance by a contemporary choir and a delicious lunch buffet for cruisers.
- The Smooth Cruise Series will be back for summer 2012 on the Spirit of New York. Having evolved into one of New York's most popular attractions, the series gives cruisers an up-close-and-personal show with some of the world's best jazz musicians. The cruises also offer a buffet dinner and beverages, available for purchase onboard.
- Karaoke Cruises on Spirit of New York will take place on select Fridays throughout the summer and beyond, and include a Skyline Buffet. Cruisers can select from thousands of song selections and shine in the spotlight as they belt out their favorite tunes.
- Adding some sizzle to summer, Spirit of New York and New Jersey will team up with Xceptional Entertainment to bring the Hot Latin Moonlight Cruises to life, sailing on select dates throughout the summer. Cruisers can "rock the boat," dancing the hot summer nights away to non-stop Salsa, Bachata and Merengue from DJ Serg of Xceptional Entertainment and Live Salsa Band Son d'Aqui against the glowing New York skyline. Gloria B. of 93.1 Amor will make a special appearance as host of the July 21st cruise aboard Spirit of New York.
"Whether you're a tourist visiting for the first time, or a lifelong New Yorker, summer is an ideal time to explore all that New York has to offer," said Christine Metivier, vice president and general manager of Entertainment Cruises – New York/New Jersey. "Our summer cruises combine all of the fun and excitement of summer in the city with outstanding views, fresh and delicious dining and a truly unique afternoon or evening out with friends and family."
Entertainment Cruises of New York and New Jersey's vessels include Spirit of New York and Spirit of New Jersey, which feature vibrant dining, dancing, a live DJ, singing waitstaff and breathtaking views. Additionally, the collection features Bateaux New York, an upscale, glass-enclosed European-style dining cruise with a live band as well as Atlantica by Bateaux New York, the city's most elegant private yacht. Entertainment Cruises sail year-round from and Chelsea Piers in Manhattan and Lincoln Harbor in Weehawken, N.J.
For more information, visit http://www.entertainmentcruises.com/city/New-York/home.
About Entertainment Cruises
Entertainment Cruises, Inc., headquartered in Chicago, IL. was formed in 2006 when Spirit Cruises LLC (www.spiritcruises.com) and Premier Yachts (www.premieryachts.com) joined forces to become the nation's largest family of entertainment cruises. Entertainment Cruises operates 24 ships offering a variety of lunch, dinner and sightseeing cruise experiences in Baltimore, Md., Boston, Mass., Chicago, Ill., Philadelphia, Pa., New York, N.Y.; Weehawken, N.J., Washington, DC, and Norfolk, Va. Its brand portfolio includes Spirit Cruises, Bateaux New York, Odyssey Cruises, Mystic Blue Cruises, Elite Yacht Charters and Seadog Cruises. For more information, please visit www.entertainmentcruises.com.
Contact: Laura Schlecht
SOURCE Entertainment Cruises