~ Summer Travelers Can Vacation Like a President ~
ASHEVILLE, N.C., June 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Summer travelers can win a vacation getaway worthy of an American President. With the first official days of summer just around the corner, travelers can follow the footsteps of President and First Lady Obama's weekend getaway to the Blue Ridge Mountains and enter to win their own presidential vacation, including a stay at The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa.
Summer Travel Giveaway: Win President Obama's Vacation to Asheville at ExploreAsheville.com
- Ten President's Vacation Package from The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Two nights of accommodations at The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Breakfast daily per adult, choice of the lavish buffet at Blue Ridge Dining Room or in-room dining
- $25 Grove Park Inn gift card (per package)
- Audio guided history tour of historic Grove Park Inn
- Copy of the book "Built for the Ages: A History of the Grove Park Inn"
- Go Blue Ridge Cards: Two multi-day, multi-attraction passes that offer access to more than 30 attractions in Western North Carolina including America's Largest Home, Biltmore Estate, toured by the Obamas on vacation
- Farm-to-table Dining: A Main Course Dining card from the Asheville Independent Restaurant Association. This buy-one, get-one card offers more than $600 in dining savings at Asheville's farm-to-table restaurants like Corner Kitchen and Sunset Terrace at The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa where the Obamas dined on vacation
- Presidential Gift Basket: Plus, win the actual welcome basket put together specifically for the First Couple, but not sent due to presidential gift restrictions. The basket includes: President's Spring Break Ale from Asheville Brewing, 12 Bones Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Asheville Grown Buy Local t-shirt and several pieces from local artists
Obama Vacation Itinerary: Check out what the First Couple did on their romantic Asheville getaway this spring. Click here for detailed Obama vacation itinerary, including White House statement.
DAY ONE: Friday, April 23
- Bee-Line for BBQ: Moments after landing, Obama motorcade arrives at 12 Bones for creative barbecue flavors in Asheville's eclectic River Arts District (video)
- Historic Digs: Obamas check into Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa where ten U.S. presidents have stayed since the hotel opened in 1913
- Hiking the Blue Ridge: President Obama makes history as the first sitting president to step foot on the famed Blue Ridge Parkway, celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2010
- Dining in a Foodtopian Society: Obamas eat local in farm-to-table, organic Asheville
DAY TWO: Saturday, April 24
- Sporty Escapades & Spa Bliss: Golf, tennis, more golf, basketball and a world-renowned, subterranean spa
- From the White House to Biltmore House: Vanderbilt's great grandson gives tour of America's largest private family home
- Secret Service Beer Run: "Beer City USA" creates a craft beer for President Obama
Since the 1800s, America's jet-set has been drawn to the scenic beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, making Asheville their hub to soak in resort culture and healing mountain air. Historic Grove Park Inn has hosted prominent figures throughout the decades, including ten U.S. Presidents. Literati, celebrities, presidents and titans of industry made seasonal jaunts to the city leaving a lasting footprint, most notably George W. Vanderbilt who made Asheville the backdrop for his architectural passion by building America's Largest Home, Biltmore. This history of culture, innovation and natural inspiration permeates the Asheville of today through a diverse art scene, 200+ independent restaurants, ten craft breweries, and score of galleries and boutiques framed by more Art Deco architecture than any city outside of Miami.
SOURCE Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau