WASHINGTON, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This founding summit of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy http://aifdemocracy.org/ will take place this week at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. and will include over 20 Muslim thought leaders and public figures who are against the ideology of Islamism (political Islam). Summit attendees are from the UK, Canada, Denmark and the United States of America.
They will gather in a conference to announce their findings, strategy, and goals for reforms within the House of Islam at the National Press Club this Friday, December 4, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. These meetings will also address the ideology of Islamism and ways of countering its influence while promoting liberty and universal human rights.
The event is sponsored by The AIFD, Muslims Facing Tomorrow, American Islamic Congress, and the Coalition of Progressive Muslim Organizations.
Below is a list of the Summit attendees:
- Zainab Al-Suwaij (USA, Washington, DC, President, American Islamic Congress)
- Tahir Gora (Canada, Author, journalist, activist)
- Tawfik Hamid (USA, VA, Senior Fellow Potomac Institute for Policy Studies)
- Usama Hasan (UK, Imam, Quilliam Foundation)
- Arif Humayun (USA, Portland, Co-Founder of Circle of Peace)
- Farahnaz Ispahani (USA, Washington DC, Author, former member Pakistan Parliament)
- M. Zuhdi Jasser (USA, Phoenix, President, AIFD) (convener)
- Naser Khader (Denmark, Member, Danish Parliament, Muslim democracy activist)
- Courtney Lonergan (USA, Phoenix, AIFD Community Outreach Director, Professional facilitator)
- Jamal Mahmood (USA, Bergen County, Progressive Muslim activist)
- Hasan Mahmud (Canada, Muslims Facing Tomorrow, expertise in Shariah)
- Raheel Raza (Canada, Founder, Muslims Facing Tomorrow)
- Sohail Raza (Canada, Director in Forum for Learning, Vice President of CPCMO-Coalition of Progressive Canadian Muslim Organizations)
- Salma Siddiqui (Canada, President, Coalition of Progressive Canadian Muslim Organizations)
M. Zuhdi Jasser
Dr. Jasser is the President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy and author of A Battle for the Soul of Islam; also a former U.S. Navy Lieutenant-Commander.
He has testified to Congress on numerous occasions as an expert on Muslim radicalization, foreign policies, anti-Semitism, and international religious freedom.
To speak with M Zuhdi Jasser or the AIFD, please contact Aurora DeRose at
SOURCE American Islamic Forum for Democracy