CLEARWATER, Fla., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Sunbelt Software, a leading provider of Windows security software, today announced record revenue growth for calendar year 2009. Having already reported substantial annual growth based on the first three quarters of 2009, Sunbelt closed the year with a historic Q4 that saw the company's highest ever quarterly sales - up 70 percent from Q4 2008. Overall, 2009 year-over-year sales were up 65 percent representing a three-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26 percent, which outpaced the security industry growth by more than double.
The company credits the significant revenue growth to rapid adoption of its flagship VIPRE® anti-malware product line to over 14,000 enterprises in North America alone, increased demand for its advanced malware analysis and data feed services and expansion of its international operations including a UK headquarters and operations in the Philippines.
"We experienced tremendous success in 2009 which proves that even in difficult economic times consumers and enterprises alike are drawn toward highly effective and reliable endpoint protection that offers significant value," said Alex Eckelberry, CEO of Sunbelt Software. "The growth in U.S. sales, our expanding international presence and significant research and development resources we deployed in 2009, positions us well for continued growth and success in 2010."
During 2009, Sunbelt extended its product offerings by introducing a number of new product releases and proprietary technologies including:
- VIPRE® Email Security for Exchange Version 3.0: Previously named Ninja Email Security™, VIPRE for Exchange (VPX) includes Sunbelt's next-generation VIPRE antivirus scanning engine.
- Sunbelt Exchange Archiver™ Version 4.0 and Sunbelt File Archiver™ Version 4.0: The updated releases provide common user interface and common search for email, file and SharePoint archives with more powerful search functions, utilizing Microsoft Enterprise Search and third party search support for full-text search capabilities.
- Enhancements to Sunbelt CWSandbox™ and Threat Track™ data feeds: Sunbelt released enhancements to its automated malware behavior analysis tool, CWSandbox, and introduced its Exploit Feed, powered by research from SunbeltLabs™.
Additional corporate highlights from 2009 include:
- Industry recognition: In Q4 alone, Sunbelt's VIPRE product won Virus Bulletin's VB 100 Award for malware detection and the company was named a gold medal winner in the "2009 Community Choice Awards" in the Best Anti-Virus/Malware category by Windows IT Pro Magazine. Earlier in the year, Sunbelt was recognized by Scholastic Administr@tor with a 2009 "Best in Tech" award, and achieved an Inc. 5000 ranking as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
- International expansion and new partnerships: Sunbelt achieved record growth in international markets, and reached OEM and distribution agreements with several key partners in the U.S., EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America - accounting for a 15 percent increase in channel partners - as well as forged over a dozen OEM and technology partnerships with leading security providers, including FaceTime, Shavlik Technologies, ScriptLogic, Faronics, Authentium, and Zenith Infotech.
About Sunbelt Software
Headquartered in Tampa Bay (Clearwater), Fla., Sunbelt Software was founded in 1994 and is a leading provider of Windows security software including enterprise antivirus, antispyware, email security, and malware analysis tools. Leading products include the VIPRE® and CounterSpy® product lines, Sunbelt Exchange Archiver™, CWSandbox™, and Threat Track™.
For more information about Sunbelt Software, please visit the company's website at http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com. To learn more about current activities, products, and ideas at Sunbelt Software, please visit Sunbelt's corporate blog at http://www.sunbeltblog.com. To view this release online, go to http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Press/Releases/?id=329
Copyright © 2010 Sunbelt Software. All rights reserved. All trademarks used are owned by their respective companies.
SOURCE Sunbelt Software