SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif., Aug. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- All roads lead to SAVOR, from September 24-27 as Visit San Luis Obispo County invites wine and food lovers to embark on the culinary journey of a lifetime at Volvo Presents Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast. In its sixth year, California's premier food, wine, travel and lifestyle event introduces an exciting schedule, jam-packed with new events, tasting experiences, culinary headliners and Adventure Tours.
Located just halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, on California's Central Coast, San Luis Obispo County is a convenient and diverse getaway for culinary lovers, adventure seekers, oenophiles, and sunshine chasers. Throughout the four-day event, attendees indulge in the area's unspoiled 'Classic California' lifestyle, unplug and enjoy countless delicious moments.
"We are excited to welcome both domestic and international visitors to the 6th annual Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast," said Chuck Davison, President & CEO, Visit San Luis Obispo County. "It is a wonderful opportunity for us to showcase all the culinary, cultural and coastal assets of the county." Guests will explore San Luis Obispo County during this year's lineup of new experiences including:
NEW Headlining Celebrity Chefs: This year welcomes Food Network and Bravo television personalities, James Beard Award winners, popular cookbook authors, Sunset editors and more in an all-new star-studded lineup!
- Mary Sue Milliken: Owner of Border Grill Restaurants in Los Angeles, CA and Las Vegas, NV, and former contestant of Bravo's Top Chef Masters
- Frank Pellegrino Jr.: Co-owner of Rao's Restaurant Group in New York, NY, Las Vegas, NV and Hollywood, CA
- Joanne Weir: James Beard Award-winning author of Kitchen Gypsy (Oxmoor House, Sept. 2015) and PBS host
- Yousef Ghalaini: Executive Chef of FIG Restaurant in Santa Monica, CA
- Louis Maldonado: Winner of Season 11 of "Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen" and Executive Chef of Spoonbar in Healdsburg, CA
- James Siao: Executive Chef of Finch & Fork restaurant at Kimpton's Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara, CA
- Brigit Binns: Popular food blogger, culinary instructor and author of Eating Up the West Coast (Oxmoor House, 2015)
NEW Opening Night Event: On September 24, Strings at Sunset transforms the Vina Robles Amphitheatre for a music, food and wine experience unlike any other. The nighttime spectacular features tastings of medal-winning wines from the Sunset International Wine Competition, incredible theatrical performances from award-winning musical artists String Theory and DJ Violinist SPAGS, and mouthwatering tasting stations from celebrity chefs, including Mary Sue Milliken, James Siao, Joanne Weir and Brigit Binns.
NEW Adventure Tours: These immersive day trips, many led by Sunset editors, give culinary enthusiasts an intimate and hands-on opportunity to uncover San Luis Obispo County's distinct regions through food, wine, and unique outings. Sip on Ciders in Atascadero, take a kayaking adventure in Morro Bay, enjoy a vineyard lunch at Halter Ranch, paint in the gardens of the Paso Robles Inn, and so much more.
NEW Special Events and Dinners: On Friday, September 25 and Saturday, September 26, food and wine lovers can choose from several exclusive dining options to extend their Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast experience into the evening, including:
- Ancient Peaks Wine Dinner at The Historic Paso Robles Inn & Steakhouse (September 25): This experience is brought to the table by generations of farmers and purveyors, whose produce is featured throughout the menu.
- Hilltop Dinner at Adelaida Cellars (September 25): Paso Robles's celebrated Adelaida Cellars hosts a multi-course buffet paired with exclusive Adelaida estate reserve and library wines.
- Paso Robles Shoot Out - Live Cocktail Competition (September 25): The Paso Robles Inn and RE:FIND Handcrafted Spirits host an epic battle of the best and brightest mixologists found throughout the Central Coast for a wild-west inspired cocktail competition.
- An Oak-Kissed Evening Under the Stars at Refugio (September 26): Join Brigit Binns, as she grills pasture-raised local porterhouse over red oak on her Santa Maria-style barbecue, accompanied by estimable wines.
- The Best of the West (September 26): An intimate dinner hosted by Sunset's Wine Editor Sara Schneider, and featuring five iconic estate wineries from California, Oregon and Washington.
NEW at the Main Event: Held at the historic Santa Margarita Ranch, the Main Event presents an epicurean playground showcasing celebrity and master chefs, Sunset expert editors, brew masters and artisanal food producers. Several new additions to the signature event include more tasting opportunities than ever before, and a brand new lineup of live music performances including an exciting show from Moonshiner Collective on Sunday, May 27. Other new additions to the Main Event include:
- NEW Themes for Chef Central and Winemaker Central: These educational seminars are designed to educate, inform and tantalize the senses. Meet industry experts, taste craft beer and cider, learn about sparkling wines from around the world, enjoy a Mediterranean inspired cooking demonstration, and more!
- NEW Artists' Village: The new Artists' Village celebrates the fusion of food culture inspired by Paso Robles sights and purveyors with an auction and a variety of displays.
To purchase tickets and for more information about Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast and the 2015 event schedule, visit http://www.savorcentralcoast.com.
SOURCE Visit San Luis Obispo County