Supplier of Distinction Awards Recognize Excellence, Innovation, Diversity
Jones Lang LaSalle's annual awards recognize 2012 suppliers for six types of service excellence
Apr 30, 2013, 10:00 ET
CHICAGO, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) today announces the recipients of its third annual Supplier of Distinction Awards. The program recognizes six JLL suppliers that have played vital roles in elevating Jones Lang LaSalle's ability to deliver the highest calibre of service, value and innovation to its corporate clients. One winner is recognized for each of the following categories: product/service excellence, innovation, collaboration, total cost management, energy and sustainability, and diversity.
The Suppliers of Distinction winners were announced at a reception held April 29, 2013, in Austin, Texas. Recipients were selected from a pool of hundreds of supplier partners through a comprehensive evaluation process by Jones Lang LaSalle's Global Strategic Sourcing Board. All participants support corporate solutions or project and development services functions across multiple regions for Jones Lang LaSalle corporate clients.
The award categories reflect the areas considered by Jones Lang LaSalle to be most critical to providing the highest-quality services to clients and to addressing clients' business objectives. The Diverse Supplier Award, for example, reflects the increased interest from corporations and Jones Lang LaSalle itself in working with vendors as diverse as the global population.
"Each of our six Suppliers of Distinction exemplifies the collaborative spirit and commitment to service delivery excellence that is essential to a world-class integrated service platform," said Chris Browne, Director of Operations, Corporate Solutions, at Jones Lang LaSalle. "They have consistently provided the results-focused performance that helps improve the productivity of our corporate clients."
"Our service platform is based on our ability to recognize and build strong relationships with vendors at the top of their professions," said Marc Campbell, Senior Vice President of Strategic Sourcing at Jones Lang LaSalle. "The Suppliers of Distinction share our passion for embracing diversity and discovering innovative approaches to reducing costs and maximizing productivity."
View a short video and photos of the highlights of the award ceremony: www.us.joneslanglasalle.com/supplierofdistinction
Jones Lang LaSalle 2012 Supplier of Distinction award recipients include:
- Product/Service Excellence: The product/service excellence category recognizes suppliers that excel in delivery of services to Jones Lang LaSalle clients and the company itself.
- 2012 Winner: Allied Barton Security Services: For more than 50 years, Allied Barton (AB) has been providing security officer solutions to customers across the United States. AB went beyond its contracted scope of work to create the Energy Conversation Program, in which it performed building tours and security checks to ensure that all lights and electronics were powered off, and to identify and prevent any potential safety risks or hazards. AB reduced overall costs for one of JLL's pharmaceutical clients by agreeing to multi-year reductions resulting in more than $181,000 in savings. It also introduced and implemented bundled opportunities that led to several security-related savings.
- Innovation: The innovation category considers suppliers that develop breakthrough new processes, tools and/or service models.
- 2012 Winner: ValleyCrest Landscape Companies: With more than 60 years of experience, ValleyCrest Landscape Companies is the nation's largest integrated landscape company. Recent innovations for one of JLL's pharmaceutical clients included a comprehensive irrigation system audit geared toward identifying efficiencies and development of a sprinkler head retrofit program to decrease water utilization.
- Collaboration: The collaboration category considers suppliers that increase business opportunities and risk-sharing for mutual benefit.
- 2012 Winner: ABM: In business for more than 100 years, ABM is one of the largest facility services providers in the United States. Following several initiatives for a JLL healthcare client's portfolio, the client noted how well ABM had grasped its "One Team" approach. Recently, ABM implemented team-cleaning changes across this client's portfolio, leading to more than $224,000 in annualized cost savings.
- Total Cost Management: The total cost management category recognizes suppliers that deliver year-over-year savings and proactively offer cost-management ideas.
- 2012 Winner: Swiss Post Solutions: Swiss Post Solutions (SPS) is a premier provider of business process outsourcing and digitization solutions. In the past year, SPS continually and proactively identified opportunities to leverage its resources for efficiencies, cost savings and cost avoidance for one of JLL's consumer goods clients. SPS has already provided more than $750,000 in annual cost savings opportunities to the client this year.
- Energy and Sustainability: The energy and sustainability category recognizes suppliers that support Jones Lang LaSalle's broad objectives related to delivering sustainable solutions.
- 2012 Winner: GMR: GMR manages facility inspection and data collection to help clients maintain consistent security, lighting design, brand and compliance standards. A Women's Business Enterprise certified by WBENC (Women's Business Enterprise National Council), GMR helps clients mitigate risk to provide safe and secure business environments, as well as ensure consistent branding standards. The GMR team successfully integrated new and energy-efficient LED lighting technology across the portfolio of one of JLL's largest banking clients. More than 200 projects have been delivered since the program's inception, resulting in more than $865,000 in energy and maintenance savings.
- Diverse Supplier: The diverse supplier award considers diverse suppliers that demonstrate leadership in service delivery excellence, cost management, innovation and collaboration.
- 2012 Winner: Start2Finish: A minority-owned enterprise, Start2Finish provides its clients with transparent, fully integrated construction and facilities management solutions. The company developed a new service model for one of JLL's consumer goods clients that helped integrate multiple service lines at a lower cost. Having reduced costs by 10 percent annually for the past two years, Start2Finish is committed to contributing up to $33,000 per year toward investment innovations to improve the client experience.
"We challenge all of our suppliers to continuously improve service, add value and innovate, and these six companies really set the standard of excellence," said Campbell. "We recognize extraordinary accomplishment as a core value and we applaud each of this year's winners for their dedication to improving business performance."
For more information about the Supplier of Distinction Award, please visit www.us.joneslanglasalle.com/supplierofdistinction
A leader in the real estate outsourcing field, JLL's Corporate Solutions business helps corporations improve productivity in the cost, efficiency and performance of their national, regional or global real estate portfolios by creating outsourcing partnerships to manage and execute a range of corporate real estate services. This service delivery capability helps corporations improve business performance, particularly as companies turn to the outsourcing of their real estate activity as a way to manage expenses and enhance profitability.
For more news, videos and research resources on Jones Lang LaSalle, please visit the firm's U.S. media center webpage. Bookmark it here: http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/News.aspx.
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $47.0 billion of real estate assets under management. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
SOURCE Jones Lang LaSalle
Share this article