MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The COVID-19 pandemic has a majority of Americans more aware of their health and embracing health technology from telemedicine to virtual workouts, according to a new healthinsurance.com national survey of 1,000 U.S. adults.
LIFE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
In a health pandemic, 83% are more aware of their health and the health of those around them because of COVID-19. And that's because COVID-19 has personally affected so many. 68% said that they have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Tragically, nearly 4 in 10 said they knew someone who passed away from the COVID-19 virus. There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon with the vaccine rollout; two-thirds said they will get the COVID-19 vaccine once available to them.
- 83% are more aware of their health and the health of those around them because of COVID-19
- 68% have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- 39% know someone who has died from COVID-19
- 64% are worried about the healthcare costs associated with contracting COVID-19
- 66% will get the COVID-19 vaccine once available to them
COVID-19 HEALTH TECHNOLOGY BOOM
64% think that COVID-19 has advanced healthcare technology and they are embracing it. 81% of those who have used telemedicine during the pandemic, said they will continue doing so once the pandemic is over. That's a 35% increase from just six months ago.
- 64% think COVID-19 has advanced healthcare technology
- 48% have used telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 81% will continue to use telemedicine once COVID-19 pandemic is over
FOCUSING ON PERSONAL HEALTH AND HEALTH INSURANCE IN 2021
The pandemic has many making their health a priority. 26% said they made changes to their health insurance for 2021, with the biggest reported change being increased coverage. The pandemic is also changing the way people work out. 36% said they have purchased in-home exercise equipment during the pandemic. An additional 42% said they have been doing virtual workouts.
- 36% have purchased in-home exercise equipment during the pandemic
- 42% have been doing virtual workouts
- 52% made a health-related New Year's Resolution
- 38% already broke their New Year's Resolution
- 26% made changes to their health insurance for 2021
- 65% of those who made changes, increased coverage for their 2021 health Insurance
- 43% of those who made changes, changed their entire 2021 health insurance plan
- 82% rate the medical and health care services they receive as good or excellent
- 41% are worried about losing their employer-provided healthcare coverage
The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted online by Scott Rasmussen from January 12-14, 2021. Field work for the survey was conducted by RMG Research, Inc. Certain quotas were applied to the overall sample and lightly weighted by geography, gender, age, race, education, and political party to reasonably reflect the nation's population. Other variables were reviewed to ensure that the final sample is representative of that population. Margin of Sampling Error: +/- 3.1 percentage points (for full sample)
Healthinsurance.com combines the nation's leading health insurance carriers and advanced technology to offer a suite of private insurance solutions and Medicare plan options. In just a few clicks, our website provides consumers the ability to access powerful online comparison tools and educational resources that enable efficient self-guided navigation of available health insurance and Medicare options. For more information, visit healthinsurance.com.