Survey Finds Grill Beats All in Summer Cooking, July 4th is Most Popular Grilling Occasion
Grilling leader offers reformulated line of WEBER BBQ sauces for a more flavorful summer
Jun 25, 2015, 08:00 ET
CHICAGO, June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Grilling ranks No. 1 as the most popular summer cooking approach, followed by the stovetop and oven, and barbecue sauce is the most commonly used flavor enhancement, according to a recent survey commissioned by WEBER Sauces & Seasonings. The survey reveals insights into U.S. cooking and flavor habits and preferences, many of which can be improved and simplified with the WEBER product portfolio, including a newly re-launched line of WEBER BBQ sauces.
Created specifically for the grill, the reformulated WEBER BBQ sauces deliver the sweet taste and thick "sticks to my food" consistency that recent research has shown consumers want. Now on shelves, the five flavor varieties offer bold flavor and – unlike most other barbecue sauces – continue to remain free of high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and artificial preservatives.
"As we look at these insights, it's clear that grilling has become an integral part of the summer experience, and great flavor is what turns an ordinary meal into something memorable," said Terrence O'Donnell, senior brand manager for WEBER Sauces & Seasonings. "With our new WEBER BBQ sauces, we're able to offer grillers a fresh, high quality flavor that lingers longer, creating a more satisfying experience compared to the quick hit of other sauces."
Other key consumer findings the survey revealed include:
- Grilling Trumps All. When it comes to summer activities, grilling is the most popular with 35 percent choosing it as their favorite, followed by going to the beach (25 percent) and camping (13 percent).*
- Stars, Stripes and Grills. When asked when they'd be grilling, respondents chose the Fourth of July holiday (84 percent), ahead of weekends (79 percent) and other holidays, including Labor Day (71 percent)*.
- Flavor Boost. Barbecue sauce was ranked the most popular flavor enhancer when it comes to grilling (27 percent), followed by grilling seasoning (23 percent), marinade (19 percent) and your classic salt and pepper (13 percent).*
- More Flavor, the Better. More than 8 out of 10 grillers keep at least two barbecue sauces handy at home, with Smoked being the most popular flavor, followed by Spicy, Sweet, and Savory.*
- Confidence is Key. 81 percent believe the food they grill is the same or better than a restaurant and 83 percent rated themselves as "excellent" or "decent" grillers.*
- Smile for the Camera. 51 percent of people have posted their #GrilledFood to social media.*
With unrivaled grilling expertise and a commitment to quality, WEBER Sauces & Seasonings are formulated specifically to give grilled food the best flavor.
For more WEBER Sauces & Seasonings information, visit facebook.com/weberseasonings or weberseasonings.com.
About WEBER Sauces & Seasonings
WEBER Sauces & Seasonings is a full line of innovative BBQ sauces, seasonings and marinade mixes from ACH Food Companies, Inc., designed to make grilled foods taste better and fuel every grilling enthusiast's culinary creativity. ACH Food Companies, Inc. markets a broad range of edible oils, spices and specialty grocery products in the retail consumer and foodservice channels. WEBER® is a registered product of Weber-Stephen Products LLC used under license. All rights reserved.
1 Survey of 500 U.S. residents ages 18 and older conducted by Lab42 in June 2015.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150624/225488-INFO
SOURCE WEBER Sauces & Seasonings
Share this article