SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Dealspotr, a leading crowdsourcing platform for savings, recently conducted an online survey of shoppers to better understand their fashion shopping habits and preferences. The survey included 303 respondents across age groups, including Generation Z (20 and under), Millennial (21 to 35), Generation X (36 to 52), and Baby Boomers (53 and above).
Key survey findings
- Generation Z shoppers are the most likely to "webroom" or browse online then go in-store to buy apparel.
- Fulfilling purchases on phones is still less popular than buying in-store or via computer or tablet.
- Overall, Amazon is by a far the most popular way to buy fashion now.
- Among Generation Z shoppers, H&M leads as the most popular retailer, with Forever 21 following close behind.
- American Eagle and Urban Outfitters are disproportionately popular among Generation Z shoppers.
- Department stores are unpopular among Generation Z and Millennial shoppers, with Target being the notable exception.
- Luxury department stores overall performed very poorly, with Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale's ranking near the bottom of shopper preferences. The exception was Nordstrom which was popular among Generation X and Baby Boomer shoppers.
Perceptions of coupons and discounts
- Among Generation Z shoppers, Forever 21 and American Eagle were perceived as offering the most compelling discounts and offers.
- Among Millennial, Generation X, and Baby Boomer shoppers, Kohl's and Amazon were perceived as offering the best coupons and discount offers.
During March 2017, Dealspotr conducted an online survey targeting visitors to fashion-related areas of the Dealspotr.com website. The survey captured responses from 303 shoppers, 81% female and 19% male.
Dealspotr (https://dealspotr.com), based in Santa Monica, CA, operates the world's most accurate platform for coupons and discount codes. The company achieves massive coverage of deals for almost 100,000 retailers through crowdsourcing via its community of 40,000 deal hunters who find, share, and edit deals on its database. In a recent study of 550 promo codes across major coupon websites, Dealspotr achieved superior coverage and accuracy of promo codes, with the lowest incidence of invalid or expired coupons.