STOCKHOLM, May 08, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sales increased by 6 percent to 3,775 MSEK (3,557) for the first quarter. In local currencies, sales increased by 3 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) increased by 6 percent to 994 MSEK (939) for the first quarter. In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) increased by 1 percent.
- Operating profit2) amounted to 1,232 MSEK (1,711) for the first quarter, and included larger one-time items of 238 MSEK relating to the capital gains from divestment of shares in Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) and sale of land. The prior year included larger one-time items of 704 MSEK relating to the capital gains from divestment of shares in STG and divestment of a distribution center property.
- Profit for the period amounted to 930 MSEK (1,404) for the first quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to 5.06 SEK (7.44) for the first quarter. Earnings per share excluding larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG amounted to 3.76 SEK (3.35).
- In January, as previously announced, Swedish Match reduced its ownership in STG from 18.1 percent to 9.1 percent.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Monday, May 8 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 961395
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 961395
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 961395
President and Chief Executive Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on May 8, 2017.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
SOURCE Swedish Match