MONTEREY, Calif., March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sweet Earth Natural Foods, the award-winning, globally-inspired plant-based food brand, available in 10,000+ retail locations nationwide, is debuting a host of new products at the Natural Products Expo West convention starting March 10 in Anaheim, California at Booth #3997.
The new products are already generating acclaim, with two selected as finalists for a NEXTY Award, a prestigious award recognizing innovation and inspirational products in the packaged goods industry:
- Korean Japchae Bowl: Featuring organic yam noodles and fresh veggies in a savory stir fry, the Japchae is a vegan take on a traditional Korean staple. With the Korean restaurant scene so popular, led by greats such as Roi Choi and David Chang, Sweet Earth is bringing this trendy cuisine to your freezer section in a beautifully balanced 9-ounce bowl that's a finalist in the Best New Frozen Products category.
- Mediterranean Veggie Burger: Sweet Earth has brought the veggie burger back to where it belongs: vegetables you can see, whole grains, herbs and spices. It's grill-ready, packed with protein and fiber, and made with organic ingredients like kale and the uber-popular chickpea. Available in both 3-ounce frozen and quarter-pound fresh patties, the deliciously-green Mediterranean burger from Sweet Earth is up for the Best New Meat Alternative category.
"To be recognized for a NEXTY among the thousands of products at Expo West is an honor," said Kelly Swette, Sweet Earth CEO. "For too long companies have relied on salt and sugar for flavor. We believe in a delicious diversity of ingredients and bold use of herbs and spices to create an authentic, memorable flavor."
Sweet Earth's recipe of flavor-forward tastes and diverse, nutrient-dense ingredients makes the California company one of the natural food industry's fastest growing brands. In addition to winning the coveted NEXTY nominations, Sweet Earth is now the nation's best-selling brand of the plant-based clean protein, Seitan.
Sweet Earth will also be introducing these other innovative products this spring:
- New frozen Artisan Bowls:
- Basil Pesto Lasagna: A modern herbaceous pasta sauce with fresh flavors from the Italian countryside. Generous layers of semolina pasta bask in the flavors of basil, walnuts, mushrooms and melted mozzarella.
- Pad Thai: A vegan-style Pad Thai that delivers authentic flavors of Thailand. A beautiful blend of organic rice noodles, tofu, crisp vegetables bathed in a poignant tamarind and lime sauce, the dish strikes a perfect balance of sweet, sour and savory.
- Two new frozen Organic Burritos:
- The Mayan: Latin inspired flavors from the mountains of Mexico. A spicy black bean & brown rice burrito featuring chipotle seitan, salsa, purple cabbage and an authentic Mexican Cotija cheese.
- The Brazilian: A vegetarian twist on the national dish of Brazil called Feijoada. A classic black bean and rice stew transformed into a burrito with a tangy chimichurri sauce, Tuscan seitan, mustard greens & Swiss cheese.
- Frozen veggie burgers made with wholesome plant-based ingredients:
- Santa Fe: Inspired from the great mesas of New Mexico, this black bean burger features sweet potatoes, barley, millet, corn, chili peppers and a southwestern blend of spices.
- Teriyaki: Authentic Japanese flavors delivered in a blend of sweet potatoes, edamame, quinoa, brown rice and nori seaweed, seasoned with toasted sesame, mirin and soy sauce.
- Righteous Meats™ made with an ancient plant-based protein developed by Buddhist monks:
- Harmless Ham™: These versatile vegan deli slices are smoky, spicy and perfect for breakfast or lunch sandwiches or meals.
- Barbecue Savory Grounds and Tuscan Savory Grounds: Now available in a convenient 8-ounce package, our pre-seasoned and sauced plant-based grounds are made with fresh vegetables and herbs.
About Sweet Earth Natural Foods
Based in Monterey County, California, Sweet Earth is an award-winning health food innovator crafting a wide-range of natural products featuring deliciously nutritious Non-GMO Project verified farm-fresh ingredients, and new takes on timeless classics from cuisines around the world. For more information, please visit sweetearthfoods.com and connect with the brand on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sweet-earth-natural-foods-grabs-two-nexty-nominations-for-innovative-new-plant-based-products-300418178.html
SOURCE Sweet Earth Natural Foods