WASHINGTON, June 17 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of the World Cup and the number 54, SweeterAlternative.com is offering its sweetest deal ever. Contestants simply need to guess the team and name of the player who will score the 54th goal of the 2010 World Cup, and SweeterAlternative.com will send one winner and a guest on a seven day, six night trip to Rio de Janeiro for the city's world famous annual Carnaval celebration (March 5-12, 2011). SweeterAlternative.com will also cover airfare and hotel, and provide VIP tickets to the winner's parade. For a chance to win, log on to http://sweeteralternative.com/CARNAVAL
According to the Chief Representative in North America for the Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association (UNICA), Joel Velasco, the contest is already drawing a "World Cup-sized audience," to tell Congress it should allow the current tariff on imported ethanol to expire. "Every four years, the World Cup never fails to remind us how powerful the competitive spirit can be. That same spirit has the potential to transform the renewable fuels market, but only if Congress lets the 54 cent per gallon tariff on imported ethanol expire at the end of this year. We hope this sweet deal will raise awareness about the issue and motivate Americans to take action."
How it works:
- Participants must correctly predict the team and name of the player who will score the 54th goal of the 2010 World Cup;
- A guess about which the time of the goal, in minutes, must be included (to be used as a tie breaker if necessary);
- Participants must be legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry; and
- Limit of one entry per person per day;
- The complete contest rules are available online.
The Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association (UNICA) is the leading trade association for the sugarcane industry in Brazil, representing nearly two-thirds of all sugarcane production and processing in the country. UNICA's priorities include serving as a source for credible information and analysis about the efficiency and sustainability of sugarcane products, particularly its biofuels. The association works to encourage the continuous advancement of sustainable practices throughout the sugarcane industry and to promote biofuels as a clean, reliable alternative to fossil fuels. To learn more, visit SweeterAlternative.com.