SAN DIEGO, Sept. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Swenson Advisors, LLP, a regional accounting firm, their international affiliate, Integra International, and event sponsor Sheppard Mullin Ritchter & Hampton LLP, will host the 4th Annual Hot Topics Seminar on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 from 8:30am – 11:30am. The event venue is the McMillin Companies Event Center located at the NTC Promenade at Liberty Station. Over 100 financial executives from Southern California are expected to attend to network, learn, and share best practices with peers from around the world.
The seminar provides attendees an opportunity to obtain leading edge knowledge of social media and "gamification" perspectives in the U.S. and internationally through the eyes of one of China's most innovative accounting firms – Dezan Shira & Associates. This year's program also includes a panel discussion on the latest developments in securities law (SEC), tax, and accounting matters.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
8:30am – 11:30am
McMillin Companies Event Center
2875 Dewey Road
San Diego, CA 92106
- Jon Carder, CEO of MOGL. Mr. Carter is this year's Keynote Speaker and will discuss why companies like Groupon and Foursquare are experiencing insane growth and related valuations.
- Daisy Huang, Audit Manager at Dezan Shira & Associates visits us from Guangzhou, China. Ms. Huang will provide insights into the current business climate and utilization of social media in China.
- Jeralin Cardoso, Attorney at Sheppard Mullin, will discuss how securities compliance is evolving to reflect the widespread adoption of social media.
- Steve Austin is the Firm Managing Partner of Swenson Advisors, LLP and will moderate the panel discussion as well as speak on the latest International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) developments.
- Bob Laffler, Partner of GAAP Seminars, has extensive financial services industry knowledge and has facilitated numerous courses in the U.S. GAAP and IFRS around the world.
- John Tishler is a Partner in the Corporate Practice Group at Sheppard Mullin and is head of the firm's Corporate Governance and Compliance Team.
- Pete Palmer, Partner of Swenson Advisors, LLP, with over 22 years of service with Southern California companies and their owners, provides high-level tax compliance, planning, research, and consulting services.
- Scott Carpenter, Partner of Swenson Advisors, LLP, provides tax consulting, tax compliance services to a wide range of clients including manufacturers, real estate developers, and captive insurance companies.
About Swenson Advisors, LLP
Swenson Advisors, LLP is a full service regional accounting and consulting firm. Registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), Swenson offers traditional accounting, auditing, and tax services as well as forensic accounting services, SEC/SOX auditing, captive insurance services and more. Swenson is a firm of global thinking certified public accountants that have been providing thought leadership to clients for over ten years. For more information, please visit www.swensonadvisors.com.
About Integra International
Integra International is an interactive global association of local independent accounting and consulting firms dedicated to exchanging information and advising growing businesses and professionals. It is an interactive association of CPAs, CAs and Business Advisors that share knowledge openly and regularly. Members offer expanded professional services to their clients, including meeting their national and international needs. Each member firm retains its name and independence. The knowledge (both domestic and international) of the three thousand individuals involved in Integra International is available to be drawn upon by any member needing assistance. Founded in 1994, Integra International now has more than 100 individual member firms. For more information, please visit
About Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
Sheppard Mullin is a full service AmLaw 100 firm with 560 attorneys in 11 offices located in the United States and Asia. Since 1927, companies have turned to Sheppard Mullin to handle corporate and technology matters, high stakes litigation and complex financial transactions. In the U.S., the firm's clients include more than half of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.sheppardmullin.com.
Swenson Advisors, LLP
(619) 237-3400, ext. 101
SOURCE Swenson Advisors, LLP