BOSTON, Nov. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As the holidays approach, Swirl Networks Inc. today released results from beacon marketing campaigns running in retail stores across North America. Swirl's indoor mobile marketing platform allows opted-in consumers to receive digital content and offers from retailers and brands on their smartphones while they shop in stores. The Swirl platform is currently deployed at leading retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada, including Lord & Taylor, Hudson's Bay, Urban Outfitters, Alex & Ani, Kenneth Cole and Timberland stores.
Swirl analyzed in-store campaign performance data from tens of thousands of shopper interactions and surveyed shoppers who received beacon-triggered messages over the past 3 months. The results reveal that in-store beacon marketing campaigns are having a dramatic impact on shopper behavior and are poised to demonstrate meaningful business results for retailers this holiday season. In particular:
- Shoppers are engaging with and acting on beacon marketing campaigns in stores
- 60 percent of shoppers open and engage with beacon-triggered content
- 30 percent of shoppers redeem beacon-triggered offers at the point of purchase
- Beacon marketing campaigns are influencing shopper behavior
- 73 percent of shoppers surveyed said that beacon-triggered content and offers increased their likelihood to purchase during their store visit
- 61 percent said they would do more holiday shopping at stores that delivered mobile content and offers while they shop
- 61 percent said they would visit a store with beacon marketing campaigns more often
- 60 percent said they would buy more as a result of receiving beacon-triggered marketing messages
"This holiday season, retailers with beacon marketing capabilities in place will have a distinct advantage over those who do not," said Hilmi Ozguc, founder and CEO of Swirl. "Proximity marketing has the power to transform the customer experience, increase brand affinity and drive sales uplift. Early adopters are seeing remarkable results and generating highly valuable learnings that they are using to optimize future campaigns. For retailers who haven't yet deployed beacon marketing programs, it should be a top priority for 2015."
About Swirl Networks
Swirl is the leading proximity-based mobile marketing platform provider helping large-scale retailers and brands leverage the power of mobile to engage consumers while they shop in stores. Top companies such as Lord & Taylor, Hudson's Bay, Urban Outfitters, Marriott, Alex and Ani, Timberland and Kenneth Cole use Swirl's patent-pending technology to increase foot traffic, customer engagement and sales conversion. The company is led by an accomplished entrepreneurial team and backed by top-tier investors including Hearst Ventures, SoftBank Capital, Longworth Venture Partners and General Catalyst Partners. Learn more at swirl.com.
InkHouse for Swirl
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/swirl-releases-results-of-retail-store-beacon-marketing-campaigns-300000896.html
SOURCE Swirl Networks, Inc.