ROCHESTER, N.Y., May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- If banks are not thinking about their switching process, they are overlooking one of the most powerful tools available to boost acquisition, according to Jim Dellavilla, chief client officer at Catalyst. Dellavilla will speak on this topic at the upcoming Financial Brand Forum, May 17-19, at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
"Financial marketers frequently talk about products and offers, but there's no emphasis on switching … which is exactly where many potential customers stall. Consumers perceive the switching process as an unsavory, complicated and arduous chore," Dellavilla said.
Dellavilla's session, titled "Acquisition Strategies: Getting Consumers to Make the Switch," will cover the following:
- How to boost account acquisition success by streamlining the switching process
- Consumer attitudes, feelings and preferences as they consider making the switch
- The best ways to communicate with prospects who are looking to switch banking providers
- How to identify friction and pain points in the switching process and how to overcome them
- How marketing communications can convince consumers that their switching issues have been resolved
- Specific examples of marketing materials from institutions who are doing it well (and those who are not)
The session will be presented twice:
- 9:30 a.m., Thursday, May 18, Castellana Room
- 2:45 p.m., Thursday, May 18, Castellana Room
Dellavilla, an industry veteran, has more than 25 years' experience in financial services marketing, focusing on new customer acquisition, retention, onboarding, and revenue expansion. He has worked with Citizens Bank, First Niagara, Bank One, and Chase Manhattan Bank (JPMorgan Chase), where he managed all direct and database marketing for 350 branches, producing returns greater than 2 to 1. He is the author of the research study, "Overcoming Inertia: How to Get Customers to Switch to Your Bank" (November 2016).
The Financial Brand Forum is the world's largest event for bank marketing executives. Over 1,500 marketing executives are expected to attend. To register, visit http://forum2017.com/register/. For more information on switching as an acquisition strategy, or to receive Dellavilla's research study, contact email@example.com or call 585.453.8305.
Catalyst (www.catalystinc.com) is a marketing agency that helps financial institutions develop more profitable customers by applying complex data analysis, experience design and marketing technology to improve acquisition, retention, cross-sell, and upsell initiatives. We call this combination "Science + Soul."
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, our financial services clients have included Chase Manhattan Bank (JPMorgan Chase), First Niagara (now KeyBank), M&T Bank, Citibank, Preferred Mutual, Aetna, Assurant, American Family, and many others.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/switching-as-an-acquisition-strategy-to-be-featured-at-the-financial-brand-forum-may-17-19-in-las-vegas-300452761.html