CHAPEL HILL, N.C., April 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Humanitarian experts and innovators from around the world will gather April 25 and 26 in Saxapahaw, North Carolina, for IntraHealth International's annual SwitchPoint conference. This year's lineup features speakers from throughout Africa, Central America and the US, including:
- Toyin Saraki, founder and president of the Wellbeing Foundation Africa, who will be talking about women in the health workforce, maternal and child health, gender equity and more.
- Leah Borromeo, creator of the Climate Symphony, which turns data on climate change into musical composition.
- Andrew Zolli, head of global impact initiatives at Planet, a breakthrough space and AI organization that has deployed the largest constellation of Earth-observing satellites in history.
- Githinji Gitahi, CEO of Amref Health Africa, who will be speaking about rights-based universal health coverage in Africa.
- Tine Knott, vice president of the Center for Secure and Stable States at DAI, who designs programs to counter violent extremism and build peace and security.
- Hawa Talla, a chief of party for IntraHealth in Senegal, who pioneers efforts to expand new contraceptive technologies in West Africa and new ways to get African city mayors involved in family planning.
- Serge Attukwei Clottey, an artist known for Afrogallonism, a concept that explores the relationship between material objects—such the ubiquitous yellow, gallon-size oil container—in relation to consumption and necessity in the lives of modern Africans.
- See the full list of SwitchPoint 2019 speakers.
SwitchPoint brings together hundreds of leaders in global health, humanitarian response, technology, media and more to report on new advances in social good and create unexpected collaborations across industries. Attendees and reporters will have access to speakers and organizations on the front lines of health care and tech around the world.
Reporters who want to schedule an interview with an expert can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representatives from these organizations and many more will be at SwitchPoint 2019:
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- World Bank
- US Agency for International Development
- RTI International
- Duke University
- Population Council
- Living Goods
- Harvard University
SwitchPoint is produced by IntraHealth and held in the tiny, riverside town of Saxapahaw, North Carolina. The event spans two days in and around the Haw River Ballroom, an award-winning space set in the former dye house of a historic cotton mill. The program incorporates live performances by musicians, dancers, puppeteers and more. Over 20 microlabs give attendees the chance to interact with presenters and create hands-on, practical solutions to real-world problems.
IntraHealth International believes everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. Its mission is to improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work.
SOURCE IntraHealth International