GLASTONBURY, Conn., Dec. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Symmetry Partners, LLC, a turnkey asset management firm based in Glastonbury, Conn., announced it has named Managing Directors and formed an Executive Committee.
The recent restructure is designed to provide more targeted services to Symmetry's national network of financial advisors.
"We are confident in the team's leadership ability and look forward to watching them continue to improve upon what we offer our advisors," said Symmetry Partners Principal and Co-Founder Patrick Sweeny. "It is especially exciting to see this team demonstrate leadership as we continue our focus on growth and innovation at Symmetry."
- Dana D'Auria, CFA, Managing Director, was previously Symmetry's Director of Research and, in her new role, she will head the firm's Research, Investment Education/Communication, Operations and Product Strategy Departments. D'Auria also serves on the firm's Investment Committee, which is responsible for setting the firm's investment policy. She regularly delivers educational presentations to Symmetry's advisor network. D'Auria joined Symmetry in 2006 as a Research Analyst, and holds an MBA in Finance from Fairfield University. She became a CFA charterholder in 2010.
- Sarah Bauer, Managing Director, joined Symmetry Partners nearly 12 years ago as an internal wholesaler with the Advisor Services Group. Bauer developed and grew Symmetry's National Accounts Division during her tenure and will continue to oversee its initiatives in her now role. In addition, Bauer will now oversee Symmetry's Marketing and Advisors Services Departments.
- Robert Martin, Managing Director, began his career with Symmetry in 2008. Prior to being named Managing Director, he was the Director of Strategic Initiatives and an Advisor Services Consultant where he proposed business solutions for financial advisors looking to target, acquire and retain clients. In his new role, Martin will oversee the firm's Accounting and Finance Departments, while helping to build out Symmetry's technology infrastructure. Rob holds a bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Richmond, and a master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of New Haven.
In addition to the new Managing Directors, several other team members have also been promoted.
- Christina Donnelly has been named Chief of Staff. Donnelly has been with Symmetry for seven years, and previously served as the Director of Project Management. In her new role, she will be responsible for running the Advisory Board and Executive Committee meetings, planning and executing strategic initiatives, as well as advising on the firm's top priorities. Donnelly earned her bachelor's degree in Economics from Trinity College.
- Philip McDonald, CFA, CAIA, Symmetry's Director of Fixed Income and Alternatives is being named the Director of Investments. In his new role, McDonald will directly oversee portfolio management, due diligence, and related functions at the firm. Prior to joining Symmetry in 2010, McDonald held several international investment management positions. He received his BS in International Finance & Commerce from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service and his MBA in Finance and Venture Consulting from the University of Connecticut. He became a CFA charterholder in 2003 and a CAIA charterholder in 2012.
"At Symmetry, we constantly strive to provide optimal service to the advisors we work with," said Symmetry Partners Principal and Co-Founder David E. Connelly, Jr. "These new leadership roles will enable us to take a holistic and strategic view of our organizational structure, helping us to better work with our clients and, subsequently, improve the way they work with theirs."
About Symmetry Partners
Sidestepping traditional investment approaches and looking instead to academia for investment insight, Glastonbury-based investment manager Symmetry Partners provides portfolio management to individuals, retirement plans and institutions. Since its founding in 1994, the firm has partnered with independent financial advisors looking for a client-focused, fee-based approach. Symmetry's focus on helping investors optimize return potential while mitigating risk has attracted advisors across the country who outsource investment management and back-end support functions to Symmetry. The firm specializes in offering marketing, branding, technological and operational support to advisors to help them gain visibility in their marketplace, increase efficiency and maximize productivity so that they can effectively grow their businesses. Symmetry Partners has more than $8.8B in assets under management and advisement (as of June 30, 2017) where Symmetry acts as a sub-advisor. For more information about Symmetry, visit www.symmetrypartners.com.
Symmetry Partners, LLC is an investment advisory firm registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm only transacts business in states where it is properly registered, or excluded or exempted from registration requirements. No one should assume that future performance of any specific investment strategy, product, or non-investment related content made reference to directly or indirectly in this material will be profitable. As with any investment strategy, there is the possibility of profitability as well as loss.
SOURCE Symmetry Partners