ANAHEIM, Calif., March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SHARE 2011--
- Syncsort, a global leader in extreme performance data integration and data protection software, today announced that it is extending its mainframe sort technology leadership with the release of Syncsort MFX for z/OS 1.4, a significant update to its flagship mainframe sort product.
- For organizations performing mainframe processing, the execution of mainframe sort jobs often accounts for as much as a quarter of their total resource consumption. However, replacing the default mainframe sort utility for all production jobs may not be an option even when it is clear that better performing and more cost-effective solutions can deliver greater value.
- MFX for z/OS directly addresses this challenge by delivering on an emerging market trend called mainframe sort acceleration, or replacing a subset of mainframe sort jobs that account for a disproportional amount of resource consumption with a higher performance sort utility.
- MFX for z/OS protects organizations' infrastructure investments by plugging directly into their existing environments to dramatically improve the performance of their most critical and resource intensive sort jobs.
- This approach has proven effective in delivering meaningful business value by significantly reducing MIPS, delivering higher throughput, and shortening batch processing windows. Some early adopters of mainframe sort acceleration have already achieved significant cost savings using MFX for z/OS.
- During Syncsort's internal benchmarks, MFX for z/OS 1.4 has delivered up to 20 percent improvements in CPU time and 10 percent improvements in elapsed time in comparison to MFX for z/OS 1.3. Those improvements were found to be as high as 50 percent for CPU time and 30 percent for elapsed time versus DFSORT in similar benchmarks.
- General availability of MFX for z/OS 1.4 is planned during the first half of calendar year 2011.
Built on 40+ Years of Performance and Efficiency Leadership
- Increased zIIP Exploitation – MFX for z/OS 1.4 extends System z Integrated Information Processor (zIIP) exploitation to generate additional sort processing and lower billable CPU time associated with sorting. This delivers significant savings on software licensing costs and can help delay costly upgrades.
- Enhanced MIDAW Capabilities – the new release includes advanced functionality that makes it easier to gain additional CPU efficiencies from Modified Indirect Data Address Word (MIDAW) capabilities.
- DB2 Multi Row Fetch – MFX for z/OS 1.4 supports the multiple-row fetch feature of DB2, automatically fetching 100 rows at a time.
Easier to Use, Increased Developer Productivity
- Create and E-mail Files in More Formats – MFX for z/OS 1.4 provides the ability to create an output file in a PDF, HTML or RTF format, which can then be e-mailed as an attachment to one or more recipients.
- Automatic Date Computations – usability enhancements enable adding or subtracting units of days to or from an input record field date, create an output record date, as well as automatically compute the interval between two date values.
- Wildcard Searching – MFX for z/OS 1.4 enables searching for a pattern constant within a field in a record.
- "As Syncsort has transformed its business with our fast growing data integration and data protection product lines for open systems, we have maintained a steadfast commitment to investing in our market-leading mainframe sort utility franchise to deliver even greater value and cost savings to our large and loyal customer base," said Harvey Tessler, Co-Founder and Head of Mainframe Engineering, Syncsort. "Syncsort MFX for z/OS 1.4 delivers on the promise of mainframe sort acceleration to help customers rethink the economics of data and dramatically reduce resource consumption."
- Syncsort MFX – Extreme Data Sort and Processing
- Syncsort Data Integration Customer Success
- Syncsort Data Integration Blog
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
- Watch Syncsort Videos on YouTube
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world's most successful organizations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides extreme data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration and data protection solutions. With over 12,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: www.syncsort.com.
Kevin Ruane, 201-746-7061, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Syncsort Incorporated