ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Gartner Symposium / ITxpo 2011 --
- Syncsort, a global leader in data integration acceleration and data protection software solutions, today announced DMExpress Application Modernization Edition, a proven solution for organizations migrating mainframe applications to open systems using re-hosting environments from leading vendors including Clerity Solutions, Micro Focus and Oracle.
- DMExpress Application Modernization Edition delivers best-in-class sort capabilities, comprehensive sort card support, seamless integration with leading re-hosting solutions, and high-performance compression technology for efficient and fast data transformations on commodity hardware.
- Built on Syncsort's 40+ years of leadership and performance expertise on the mainframe, DMExpress Application Modernization Edition combines all the high-performance data integration and sort capabilities needed to bridge the gap between mainframe and open systems environments into a single, easy-to-use package. It does this without the need for significant, costly development efforts.
- Syncsort's unique combination of mainframe and open systems experience helps ensure that costs are contained and functionality is not lost as organizations move away from the complexity of legacy mainframe environments to realize the business benefits of more agile, modern application environments.
- DMExpress Application Modernization Edition includes comprehensive file manipulation functionality and data transformations – such as sorting, merging, copying and joining - that are the equivalent to those performed in the mainframe environment.
- The solution delivers unmatched performance at scale, easily converting massive data volumes and overcoming the challenges associated with complex data translation. This results in tremendous business value for customers in the form of significantly faster and lower cost mainframe modernization and migration projects.
- Because DMExpress Application Modernization Edition is specifically designed to seamlessly support leading re-hosting environments, processes are streamlined and customers are able to maximize the business value of their modernization initiatives much sooner.
- "Our migration was not going to work if the data was not ready and available exactly when we needed it," said Sallie Cottingham, Project Manager Data Warehouse Rehosting, Tennessee Department of Human Services. "Syncsort's DMExpress was the last piece of the puzzle, ensuring an efficient and transparent migration that has delivered more than $1 million in operational savings as part of our modernization initiative."
- "Syncsort's DMExpress played a strategic role in accelerating and simplifying our mainframe modernization project," said Mr. Kazuhiro Ikeda, Data Systems Group, Kojima Press Industry. "There are other tools with high development productivity, but DMExpress is unmatched by any other solution for its combination of processing speed and efficiency."
- "Syncsort is constantly seeking new ways to deliver meaningful business value and cost savings to our thousands of loyal customers around the world," said Keith Kohl, Director of Product Management – Data Integration, Syncsort. "DMExpress Application Modernization Edition enables customers to migrate the massive volumes of mainframe data that they have accumulated over many years to open systems faster and more efficiently than before. Through our relationships with leading re-hosting providers, customers are able to maintain strategic business logic and processing from the mainframe to their new open systems applications in order to dramatically reduce costs, increase business agility and boost bottom line results."
- Application Modernization Solution
- Mainframe Application Modernization Solution Sheet
- Top 5 Reasons to Use DMExpress Application Modernization Edition
- Syncsort Data Integration Customer Success
- Syncsort Data Integration Blog
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world's most successful organizations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides record-setting data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration acceleration and data protection solutions. With over 15,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: www.syncsort.com.
Kevin Ruane, Corporate Communications
T: +1 201 746 7061