WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Syncsort, a global leader in data integration acceleration and data protection software solutions, today announced that it is a Gold Sponsor at this year's VMworld 2011 Conference taking place August 29 - September 1, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Syncsort will exhibit in booth #527 where company experts will showcase the NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB) solution, a simple, modern data protection solution that uses snapshot technology and replication to accelerate backups while enabling a better TCO.
- NSB customers will also be on hand to discuss their real-world experiences in using the solution and the value it has delivered around helping them with new approaches for cost-effective protection of their growing data volumes and emergence into server virtualization.
- During the show, Syncsort will demonstrate how NSB leverages VMware technology to recover key Microsoft data and applications such as Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint, which dominate today's mid-sized enterprise, in just minutes, no matter how much data is involved.
- The 'Race to Recovery' contest will allow show attendees to compete in a test to see who can restore VMware virtual machines running Microsoft applications the fastest using NSB, with prizes being awarded.
- One of the fastest growing applications in Microsoft history, SharePoint presents significant data protection challenges because of the way customers commonly deploy it in "farms" of servers with different roles. This is further complicated by the fact that SharePoint also includes elements such as databases and indexes that require application-aware protection.
- As recently announced, NSB includes advanced 'virtual node' technology that makes SharePoint protection simple and more reliable by automatically discovering all the servers and server roles in a farm, and protecting them under a single check-box item. This makes it easy for backup administrators to ensure that all vital SharePoint components are fully protected and recoverable.
- NSB today supports both SharePoint 2007 and 2010, providing innovative protection for a full suite of Microsoft back-office systems including Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server.
- "Backup means nothing without recovery. When it comes to recovery, speed is what matters the most," said Peter Eicher, Senior Product Manager – Data Protection, Syncsort. "That's why we are encouraging attendees at VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas to visit our booth to see firsthand how NSB recovers key Microsoft applications in only minutes. Through our 'Race to Recovery' contest, attendees will have the opportunity to try NSB themselves and compete for prizes based on how fast they can recover a Microsoft application."
- Syncsort Blog: Keeping Up With SharePoint Data Protection
- On Demand Webcast: Rapid Recovery for Microsoft SharePoint
- On Demand Webcast: Rapid Recovery for Microsoft Exchange
- On Demand Webcast: Rapid Recovery for Microsoft SQL
- Video: Next Generation Backup and Recovery for Virtual Environments
- Best Practices for Addressing the Broken State of Backup
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world's most successful organizations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides record-setting data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration and data protection solutions. With over 15,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: www.syncsort.com.
Kevin Ruane, Corporate Communications
T: +1 201 746 7061