YOKNEAM, Israel, April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Syneron Medical Ltd. (NASDAQ: ELOS), www.syneron.com, the global leader in the medical aesthetic device marketplace, further solidified its commitment to science, results and earning the trust of aesthetic physicians with a strong showing of Syneron and Candela's innovative technologies at the 31st Annual Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) in Grapevine, Texas.
"Our unique combination of cutting-edge science, life-enhancing clinical results and high level of trust within the global aesthetic community continues to solidify our position at the forefront of this industry," said Louis P. Scafuri, Chief Executive Officer of Syneron. "We value the opportunity that conferences such as ASLMS provide to showcase our ability to consistently create and commercialize scientific advances in innovative medical and aesthetic solutions that meet our customers' needs."
At the ASLMS conference, Syneron and Candela featured a family of newly available breakthrough products, including:
- GentleLASE® PRO High Speed Hair Removal System, the Company's latest and most advanced aesthetic laser. Building on its highly successful hair removal product line, the next-generation GentleLASE Pro has been improved to meet the demands of physicians by giving them faster treatment times, greater treatment versatility and enhanced ease of use.
According to Thomas E. Rohrer, MD, Skincare Physicians of Chestnut Hill, MA, "We have 20 to 30 different lasers, and a lot of these do hair removal, but we keep ending back at the GentleLASE. It continues to be my go-to laser for hair removal, no matter how many hair removal lasers we try."
- ePrime™ Energy-Based Dermal Remodeling System, which was featured in an experts panel session that was attended by more than 220 physicians interested in learning about this revolutionary new dimension in facial enhancement. Bypassing the epidermis, ePrime is the first minimally invasive aesthetic device to precisely target and deliver measured radio frequency (RF) energy directly into the deep dermis to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin for noticeable improvement of skin tone and volume in a single treatment.
- elure™ Advanced Skin Lightening Technology™, the first and only topical skin lightening product that improves appearance by temporarily reducing melanin, the pigment that accumulates in the skin to cause a darkened or uneven skin tone. Using this novel natural enzyme called Melanozyme™, the elure system delivers improvement in skin appearance, creating healthier, brighter and younger-looking skin in 30 days, with excellent tolerability.
- CO2RE™ Complete CO2 Resurfacing System, a versatile CO2 system that offers all current aesthetic CO2 treatment methodologies plus the unique Fusion fractional mode that has the ability to treat both superficial and deep skin layers simultaneously with precision-control over the intensity, pattern and depth of ablation. The introduction of CO2RE gives customers more choices and greater flexibility to meet their individual practice needs without the requirement of multiple hand pieces or optical spots.
- eMatrix® Sublative Rejuvenation®, the world's first bipolar RF-only technology for energy-based facial rejuvenation. The device delivers high-intensity dermal impact with less epidermal ablation, resulting in minimal patient downtime. Due to the minimal epidermal disruption, eMatrix treats skin texture and tone without skin color limitations, making it an ideal rejuvenation choice for patients with darker skin tones.
In addition to displaying its latest world-class aesthetic technologies, Syneron had nearly 20 abstracts presented at the meeting, highlighting the Company's strong commitment to science, which forms the building blocks to innovate new technology.
For more information, visit www.syneron.com.
About Syneron Medical Ltd.
Syneron Medical Ltd. – a company devoted to real technology, real science and real results – is the leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic applications including body contouring, hair removal, wrinkle reduction, rejuvenation of the skin's appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and cellulite. The Company sells its products under two distinct brands, Syneron and Candela. With its innovative approach to aesthetic treatments, Syneron has now entered into one of the largest in-demand applications, skin lightening. Founded in 2000, the corporate, R&D, and manufacturing headquarters for Syneron Medical Ltd. are located in Israel. Syneron also has R&D and manufacturing operations in the US. The company markets and services and supports its products in 86 countries. It has offices in North America, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, UK, Australia, China, Japan, and Hong Kong and distributors worldwide.
Additional information can be found at www.syneron.com.
SAFE HARBOR FOR FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Any statements contained in this document regarding future expectations, beliefs, goals, plans or prospects constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Further, any statements that are not statements of historical fact (including statements containing "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "may," "will," "would," "intends," "estimates" and similar expressions) should also be considered to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements, including the risk that the businesses of Syneron and Candela may not be integrated successfully; the risk that the merger transaction with Candela may involve unexpected costs or unexpected liabilities; the risk that synergies from the merger transaction may not be fully realized or may take longer to realize than expected; the risk that disruptions from the merger transaction make it more difficult to maintain relationships with customers, employees, or suppliers; as well as the risks set forth in Syneron Medical Ltd.'s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F, and the other factors described in the filings that Syneron Medical Ltd. makes with the SEC from time to time. If one or more of these factors materialize, or if any underlying assumptions prove incorrect, Syneron Medical Ltd.'s actual results, performance or achievements may vary materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.
In addition, the statements in this document reflect the expectations and beliefs of Syneron Medical Ltd. as of the date of this document. Syneron Medical Ltd. anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its expectations and beliefs to change. However, while Syneron Medical Ltd. may elect to update these forward-looking statements publicly in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. The forward-looking statements of Syneron Medical Ltd. do not reflect the potential impact of any future dispositions or strategic transactions that may be undertaken. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing Syneron Medical Ltd.'s views as of any date after the date of this document.
Director of Marketing Communications, Candela Corporation
Office: +1 (508) 358-7637 Ext. 247; Mobile: +1 (978) 314-1053
Senior Account Executive, Ruder Finn
Office: +1 (212) 593-6358; Mobile: +1 (917) 692-9166
SOURCE Syneron Medical Ltd.