GREENVILLE, S.C., Feb. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), a leading Technology Solutions distributor, announced today that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named five SYNNEX executives to its prestigious list of 2017 Channel Chiefs: Eddie Franklin, Vice President, Sales, Public Sector and Vertical Markets; Steve Jow, Senior Vice President, Sales; Tommy Plumer, Vice President, Pro AV Sales; Bob Stegner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, North America; and Dave Strickland, Vice President, Commercial Sales. The executives on this annual list represent top leaders in the IT channel who excel at driving growth and revenue in their organizations through channel partners.
Three SYNNEX executives named to the Channel Chiefs list for multiple years were:
- Eddie Franklin, Vice President, Sales, Public Sector and Vertical Markets (four years) – Franklin was selected for securing a contract with a leading federal purchasing cooperative, increasing resellers' buying power nationwide, while serving every vendor in SYNNEX' line card. His practice also launched a Regulated Industries strategy to address four vertical markets (Utility, Transportation, Healthcare and Construction) characterized by strict government oversight and regulations that must be implemented through technology. He also led the launch of a Canadian Public Sector Practice, and increased number of live customer engagement events in areas including education, public safety, diversity, and customer training.
- Steve Jow, Senior Vice President, Sales (four years) – Jow's team covers a significant portion of the topline growth in SYNNEX' Technology Solutions Business. Jow drove meaningful solution practices through SYNNEX Solv strategy, including Government, Mobility, Cloud, Pro AV, and Enterprise Solutions. Jow's team deepened vendor reach with SMB solutions. In 2016, he continued to add resources that supported vendor partners' extended reach while giving resellers more avenues for growth. This included benefits around business practices such as finance, solution practices and technical resources.
- Bob Stegner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, North America (nine consecutive years) – Stegner was selected for the expansion and enhancement of Varnex University, doubling Varnex regional meetings frequency for more face-to-face collaboration among members. Stegner oversaw the launch of a services SKU-based order system to give resellers a quick, easy way to access a robust services offering and add it to their order along with hardware/software. Finally, Stegner supported the growing CLOUDSolv Community, providing opportunities for customers to work together while gleaning benefits similar to the popular Varnex member program.
Two SYNNEX executives named to the Channel Chiefs list for the first time were:
- Tommy Plumer, Vice President, Sales, Specialty Markets – Plumer was selected for creating strategic new opportunities for SYNNEX and its reseller base in areas including Pro-AV, Physical Security, Broadcast, Unified Communications, Mobility and Point of Sale. Overseeing one of the fastest growing sales divisions at SYNNEX, Plumer continues to create value for partners as these markets converge onto a network platform. In 2016, Plumer and his team helped traditional Pro-AV dealers take advantage of the one-to-one K-12 education initiative, resulting in 30 percent year-over-year growth among this segment for SYNNEX. His team also saw 40 percent year-over-year growth in driving mobility deployment sales teams, as well as double year-over-year growth in integrated communications and networking.
- Dave Strickland, Vice President, Commercial Sales – Strickland helped drive a sales team that experienced revenue growth at a higher rate than the overall channel. He increased facetime for sales support, allowing sales reps to spend more time building relationships. In addition to producing better customer tools around cloud offerings and business commerce, he collaborated with various OEMs to create new solution labs that enabled customers to test the latest data center technologies. A big emphasis on SLED business included matching customers' access to end users with the expertise of SYNNEX' team of former educators. Strickland and his team enabled customers to interact with "classrooms of the future" at various events, participate in webinars, and supplied trainings to school administrators on behalf of SYNNEX customers across the country.
"Our five executives honored as CRN Channel Chiefs are prime examples of the drive and creative strategies that have made SYNNEX a leading technology distributor," said Peter Larocque, President, North American Technology Solutions, SYNNEX Corporation. "We are proud of the ongoing impact of their leadership, both at SYNNEX and throughout the channel."
"The executives on our 2017 Channel Chiefs list have distinguished themselves by building strong partner programs, developing and executing effective business strategy and helping to advance the channel as a whole," said Bob Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company. "They represent an extraordinary group of individuals who lead by example and serve as both invaluable advocates and innovators of the IT channel. We applaud their achievements and look forward to their successes in the coming year."
Channel Chief honorees are selected by CRN's editorial staff on the basis of their professional achievements, standing in the industry, dedication to the channel partner community and strategies for driving future growth and innovation. Each of the 2017 Channel Chiefs has demonstrated loyalty and ongoing support for the IT channel by consistently promoting, defending and executing outstanding channel partner programs.
The 2017 CRN Channel Chiefs list is featured in the February 2017 issue of CRN and online at www.crn.com/channelchiefs.
SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), a Fortune 500 corporation and a leading business process services company, provides a comprehensive range of distribution, logistics and integration services for the technology industry, as well as outsourced services focused on customer engagement strategy to a broad range of enterprises. SYNNEX distributes a broad range of information technology systems and products and also provides systems design and integration solutions. Concentrix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNNEX Corporation, offers a portfolio of strategic solutions and end-to-end business services around customer engagement strategy, process optimization, technology innovation, front and back-office automation and business transformation to clients in ten identified industry verticals. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX Corporation operates in numerous countries throughout North and South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this release that are forward-looking involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release.
Copyright 2017 SYNNEX Corporation. All rights reserved. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CONCENTRIX, CLOUDSOLV, and all other SYNNEX company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of SYNNEX Corporation. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CONCENTRIX, and CLOUDSOLV Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Other names and marks are the property of their respective owners.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company enables breakthrough IT channel performance with our dominant media, engaging events, expert consulting and education and innovative marketing services and platforms. As the channel catalyst, we connect and empower technology suppliers, solution providers and end users. Backed by more than 30 years of unequalled channel experience, we draw from our deep knowledge to envision innovative new solutions for ever-evolving challenges in the technology marketplace.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/synnex-corporation-announces-five-executives-named-to-crn-channel-chiefs-300410698.html
SOURCE SYNNEX Corporation