BALTIMORE, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- T. Rowe Price (Nasdaq-GS: TROW) announced today its new T. Rowe Price Personal App for iPhone and iPod touch, which provides investors the opportunity to manage their accounts and view fund information at their fingertips.
- The T. Rowe Price Personal App is available in the United States as a free download from the App Store on the iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore. Investors with existing accounts can login using their T. Rowe Price username and password.
- The launch of the T. Rowe Price Personal App follows the launch earlier this year of the T. Rowe Price Investor® Magazine App for iPad™, which gives free access to the company's quarterly magazine for mutual fund shareholders.
- Individual investors and participants in employer-sponsored retirement plans can:
- Check account balances, including those associated with T. Rowe Price Brokerage and small business accounts;
- View asset allocation charts;
- Track fund performance;
- Check the status of pending transactions;
- Access T. Rowe Price investment insights and market news;
- Conduct fund research.
- Additionally, individual investors outside of an employer-sponsored retirement plan can:
- Conduct mutual fund transactions.
- Security features include 128-bit encryption, similar to that available on troweprice.com.
- To learn more about the app, visit www.troweprice.com/personalapp.
iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
T. Rowe Price and Apple are not affiliated companies.
Please click here or call 800-395-1148 to request a prospectus, which includes objectives, risks, fees, expenses, and other information that you should read and consider before investing.
T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc., distributor.
Todd Cleary, Vice President of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and director of the company's Retail Division:
"The launch of the T. Rowe Price Personal App for iPhone and iPod touch continues our dedication to providing customers with the technology and mobile tools they need to stay connected with their investments in an increasingly mobile world. The app makes it easy for investors to manage multiple accounts and work with T. Rowe Price, with the same level of security they're used to experiencing on our website."
Cynthia Egan, President of T. Rowe Price Retirement Plan Services, Inc.:
"The T. Rowe Price Personal App for iPhone and iPod touch provides plan participants with an additional way to monitor their 401(k) accounts wherever and whenever they need to. Participants want easy access to their workplace retirement savings information and this app gives them that in a secure, convenient manner."
About T. Rowe Price
Founded in 1937, Baltimore-based T. Rowe Price is a global investment management organization with $554.8 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2012. The organization provides a broad array of mutual funds, subadvisory services, and separate account management for individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. The company also offers a variety of sophisticated investment planning and guidance tools. T. Rowe Price's disciplined, risk-aware investment approach focuses on diversification, style consistency, and fundamental research.
SOURCE T. Rowe Price