TAIPEI, Taiwan, April 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- After a three-month bootcamp for the first cohort, Taiwan Accelerator (TA) hosted the Taipei Demo Day on April 13, followed by a one-week investor roadshow in the United States. It is the first time a Taiwan-based accelerator supports Asian startups to conduct investor roadshow in the United States. Moreover, TA has already helped three startups finished the next round of financing before the Demo Days, one of them has received USD300K+ investment.
TA is the only seed accelerator in Taiwan that provides immediate investment upon selection. The 153 startups that applied for TA #1 program came from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, India and Israel, 8 of them were selected to receive seed capital and mentorship, which covers business model, product-market fit, finance, accounting, legal, media relations, marketing, branding, investor relations and pitch deck. "We aim to help these startups not only get the attention of local investors, but also to let the global capital market see innovation and value of Taiwanese and Asian startups," K. Yu, Founder of Taiwan Accelerator said. Led by Enzo Villani, CEO of Equities.com and TA Partner, the Silicon Valley and New York Demo Days will be hosted on April 18 and 21 respectively. Enzo was the co-founder of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions and DF King Worldwide.
The eight startups of TA #1 cohort include:
- DaddysRoad - Social platform for automobile owners in India
- Gogoout - Taiwan's first car rental integrated platform
- KDtech - Manufacturer of gyro-stabilized gimbal for commercial grade UAV
- Mean Yu - Travel service hostel chain in Taiwan
- MediU - Asia's first big data driven healthcare commerce platform
- ProudPet - Asia's first pet medical commerce platform
- SistaCloset - Asia's first model clothing rental platform
- TSSE - Leading specialist in biological pesticide substitutes
TA is now accepting applications for the second-batch funding cycle. For more details, please visit: www.accelerator.tw/index_en.html
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/taiwan-accelerator-hosts-cross-border-demo-days-in-taiwan-and-usa-300439809.html
SOURCE Taiwan Accelerator