LITTLETON, Colo., Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2019, Globus, Cosmos and NEW Cosmos Lite are getting cheeky, showing travelers the undiscovered places that tell the stories and secrets of Great Britain's green hills and seaside villages. From winding paths to windswept cliffs, travelers are invited to Britain's authentic places – beyond the London Bridge – to discover uncrowded England, Scotland and Wales where they can shop for bits and bobs in more than 30 unique bonnie shires, unhurried hamlets and highland villages on nine (9) Undiscovered Britain tours, including seven (7) NEW tours for 2019, ranging from 6 to 14 days.
"Next year, we're asking travelers to say 'cheerio' to typical tours for a better, more brilliant way to enjoy true British life, on cobblestones less traveled," said Scott Nisbet, president and chief executive officer for the Globus family of brands. "Building upon the success of our new 'Undiscovered Italy' tours, these NEW vacations in England, Scotland and Wales invite travelers to explore the incredible 'secret' places where locals holiday."
NEW! Britain Uncovered (12 days, priced from $2,429)
William Shakespeare wrote, "This blessed plot, this Earth, this realm, this England." You don't need to be a king to find the hidden gems of England, Wales and Scotland. Uncover Britain's legends and lore – from bustling squares to peaceful pastures, from classic castles to quaint cottages, and crashing waves to sleepy lochs. On this new tour, travelers will …
- Explore Exeter, a small city on the Exe River that packs a vibrant punch of history and heritage pre-dating the Romans' arrival in 50 A.D.
- Get to know the locals in Widecombe-in-the-Moor while enjoying a pint of Shandy or a "cuppa" tea in this unspoiled village.
- Wander around Tintern's stunning scenery, including the crumbling ruins of the magnificent Cistercian Abbey in Wales' beautiful Wye Valley (which served as inspiration for Jane Austen)
- Grow speechless standing in the Tudor-style birthplace of William Shakespeare in Stratford-Upon-Avon on the banks of the River Avon.
NEW! Hidden Treasures of Southern England (6 days, priced from $1,394)
Where do Londoners go to escape the hustle and bustle of the city? For centuries, they've headed to the calming hills, the soothing hot springs and the solitude of the seaside resorts of Southern England. On this new tour, travelers can follow in the footsteps of royals and writers to enjoy the great getaways only the locals know while visiting …
- Bath. First enjoyed by the Romans, the curative mineral waters of Bath – and its splendid Georgian architecture – remain a respite for today's traveler.
- Cotswolds. Dramatic hills and sweeping meadows dotted with stately castles, honey-colored villages and charming thatched-roof cottages provide travelers a fairytale setting for unforgettable vacation moments.
- Tetbury. An "architectural gem," this charming wool town invites travelers to step back in time to enjoy backdrops reminiscent of the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Isle of Wight. This is a yachter's playground set on England's South Coast.
NEW! Scottish Escape (7 days, priced from $799)
Rolling hills and dramatic coastlines, mythical creatures and elusive monsters … This off-season escape invites travelers to Scotland: A feast of stark contrasts among stunning scenes. On this NEW itinerary, travelers will …
- Be welcomed to Glengoyne by the makers of single malt scotch to learn about the ancient art of turning barley and yeast into a heart-warming liquor.
- Enjoy Pitlochry, a former Victorian spa town, that has welcomed travelers to take in its fresh air, beautiful scenery and Scottish Baronial architecture for 170 years.
- Hear the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans in Culloden.
"For travelers hoping to travel with us over bridges, down coastlines and to legendary fairways of Britain for less, Cosmos is also unveiling two (2) NEW Great Britain tours," said Nisbet.
NEW! British Highlights (6 days, priced from $949)
The perfect balance of town and country, this tour leads travelers to the capital cities of London, Edinburgh and Cardiff while inviting them to venture into the places only the locals know in England, Wales and Scotland. On this NEW itinerary, travelers will …
- Spend time in Cardiff, a destination nestled between an ancient fort and modern waterfront, with captivating architecture and energizing nightlife.
- Walk along the medieval streets of Chester, lined with history's signature timber-framed buildings.
- Breathe in the beauty and serenity of The Lake District, England's most treasured national park and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fall in love with Gretna Green, Scotland's most romantic village.
NEW! Scottish Outlander Adventure (7 days, priced from $1,149)
Travel back in time through the storied settings of fiction, fantasy, adventure and romance. From Glasgow to the Isle of Skye and beyond, Scotland's rugged beauty stirs imaginations and transcends time. On this NEW tour of the Scottish Highlands, travelers will …
- Indulge in the views surveyed by Scotland's greatest Kings and Queens. Built atop a volcanic plug, Stirling Castle served as both a palace and fortress for centuries.
- Discover Strathpeffer, a highland spa town that rose to prominence during Victorian times. Today, it is a popular home base for exploring the coasts of the northern Highlands.
- Forget about Nessie and get lost in the breathtaking scenery on a cruise on the mysterious waters of Loch Ness.
- Be dazzled by 50 misty miles of superlative Scottish landscapes while traveling the rugged terrain of the Isle of Skye, made up of magnificent moors and mountains, woodlands and waterfalls, lochs and landscapes, cliffs and castles.
And, for travelers looking for more of an á la carte option, the Globus family of brands' NEW Cosmos Lite vacations offer a hassle-free way to discover Great Britain with the freedom to tailor each day according to individual travelers' interests, budgets and pace.
According to Nisbet, Cosmos Lite is also unveiling two (2) NEW Undiscovered Britain tours for travelers in 2019: 7-day England Explorer (priced from $699) and 7-day Scottish Explorer (priced from $699).
In recent years, the Globus family of brands has increased and enhanced its portfolio of off-the-beaten-path tours through Britain. Among them, other incredible Globus vacation options include: 7-day Bonnie Scotland and 14-day Scottish Highlands & Islands.
DEAL ALERT: Book early & SAVE! Save 10% on a 2019 Globus Europe vacation when booking between now and November 27, 2018. For details, click here.
ABOUT GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Cosmos Lite, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river- and small-ship cruise options. Considered the world's largest tour operator, with 90 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI). Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusfamily.com. Travel agents can request brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com.
SOURCE Globus family of brands