Jun 23, 2015, 09:27 ET
STRATHAM, N.H., June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Embark on a journey around the world and experience sophisticated, exotic fruit and dark chocolate flavor combinations. Today, premium chocolatier Lindt USA introduces the EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits collection, perfectly balancing the world's most exceptionally crafted dark chocolate with exotic fruits. The new collection features three exquisite recipes: EXCELLENCE Pomegranate, EXCELLENCE Blackberry with Acai, and EXCELLENCE Lychee. In celebration of the new Exotic Fruits collection, Lindt is giving chocolate lovers the chance to experience the EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits bars by participating in a sweepstakes on Facebook and Twitter the week of July 13, 2015.
Lindt EXCELLENCE is the world's most exceptionally crafted premium dark chocolate collection, boasting a wide range of cocoa percentage bars and innovative flavor combinations. The introduction of the new Exotic Fruits bars comprise the first-ever collection within Lindt EXCELLENCE, further elevating the line of premium dark chocolate bars.
Lindt Master Chocolatiers explored exotic fruits of the world to ultimately discover the finest dark chocolate and fruit combinations. The resulting EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits collection includes:
- EXCELLENCE Pomegranate: A perfectly balanced taste experience of silky dark chocolate elegantly combined with tangy pomegranate pieces
- EXCELLENCE Blackberry with Acai: A harmonious duo of silky dark chocolate elegantly combined with pieces of sweet blackberry and tangy acai berry
- EXCELLENCE Lychee: An unforgettable experience of rich, silky dark chocolate balanced with the sweet, exotic taste of lychee fruit pieces
"We're thrilled to transport consumers on a flavor journey around the world with the new EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits dark chocolate bars," said Lindt Master Chocolatier Ann Czaja. "We strive to set ourselves apart in the exotic fruits space by working with unique fruits and flavor combinations, giving chocolate lovers the ultimate tasting experience. Lindt is the first premium chocolate company to pair lychee with dark chocolate, resulting in a perfectly balanced, harmonious duo with exceptional synergy."
Lindt is further celebrating the launch of the EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits collection by engaging chocolate enthusiasts online. Consumers are encouraged to visit the Lindt Unwrapped Blog to learn more about the new collection and the three sophisticated recipes. Lindt will also be hosting sweepstakes on Facebook and Twitter, the week of July 13, asking fans to tag friends with whom they'd like to share a taste of the exotic, for the chance to win EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits bars.
To fully appreciate the complexity of flavors within the new EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits bars and take your taste buds on a trip around the world, engage in the Lindt Five Senses Chocolate Tasting process. Made with the finest cocoa beans and highest quality ingredients, Lindt EXCELLENCE has a thin, refined profile to offer chocolate lovers a unique and sophisticated sensory experience:
- SIGHT: Examine the chocolate's appearance – color, structure and sheen. Premium chocolate should have a silky matte sheen and an even texture.
- TOUCH: Gently feel the surface of the chocolate, to ensure it is silky and smooth. Premium chocolate should never feel rough or grainy.
- SOUND: Break the bar and listen for a loud, crisp "snap." A clean "snap" is a sign of good quality and texture.
- SMELL: Take the time to breathe in the rich fragrances before placing a piece of chocolate in your mouth. You will be able to identify a range of up to 400 pleasant and intense aromas. The aroma of the chocolate will prepare you for an intense chocolate taste.
- TASTE: Let the chocolate melt on the tongue and experience an intensely satisfying chocolate flavor coupled with deliciously smooth texture. This is the height of the experience, where your senses work together to produce an overwhelming sensation.
The new 3.5 oz. Lindt EXCELLENCE Exotic Fruits bars are now available at Lindt Chocolate Shops, on LindtUSA.com and at major retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $2.79. For more information about Lindt and the EXCELLENCE collection, visit LindtUSA.com, the Lindt Unwrapped Blog, "like" the company's Facebook page, or follow Lindt on Twitter or Instagram.
About Lindt & Sprungli
With 170 years of history and Swiss tradition, Lindt & Sprungli is a global leader in the premium chocolate category, offering high quality products in more than 120 countries. Lindt & Sprungli operates 12 production facilities in Europe and the United States and employs more than 12,000 worldwide. Lindt USA operates more than 50 retail stores in the U.S. and maintains wide distribution through extensive retail and wholesale channels. For more information on Lindt, visit www.lindt.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150622/224699
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130725/NE53345LOGO-b
SOURCE Lindt USA
Share this article