ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) announced today a new and improved TakeMeFishing.org with an all-new look and streamlined content to inspire Americans to enjoy a day on the water fishing and boating. Designed to act as a mentor, guide and tool that breaks down initial barriers to getting people involved in fishing and boating, the new TakeMeFishing.org is geared towards less experienced anglers and boaters that need help understanding all it takes to have a successful day out on the water. The site also provides information more experienced anglers and boaters find useful.
"We're pleased to offer a premier online experience that motivates outdoor enthusiasts across the U.S. to get out on the water," said RBFF President and CEO Frank Peterson. "Fishing and boating are great ways to spend quality time with family and friends, and create lifelong memories. Our smart, effective, digital tools make it easy for anyone to get involved in fishing and boating with the click of a mouse or swipe of a finger."
Supplying one of the most dynamic and useful Places to Boat and Fish maps in the industry, TakeMeFishing.org continues to offer easy-to-understand 'how-to' content, along with state-by-state fishing license and boat registration information and messaging throughout the site about how fishing and boating participation contributes to aquatic conservation projects including fish habitat development, fish stocking programs and fishing/boating access.
- Mobile Friendly - The site was developed in responsive design and provides an optimal viewing and interaction experience across a wide range of devices (from desktop to tablet to mobile phones).
- Easy to Navigate - The content has been simplified and better organized so it's easier for users to find the information they need. Access to topical content and information that is key to participation, including fishing license and boat registration links, is quicker and more intuitive.
- Enhanced Places to Boat & Fish Map –
- The interactive Places to Boat & Fish Map has new features that allow users to search for a body of water based on fish species, gear and equipment, bait shops, fishing license vendors, boat ramps and more.
- Users are encouraged to rate bodies of water and provide comments via Facebook Connect.
- The Map features only bodies of water that are managed by state and/or federal agencies to ensure users are receiving the most accurate information.
Since 2007, the Take Me Fishing™ campaign has played a critical role in introducing families and newcomers to boating and fishing. The campaign's Spanish-language counterpart, Vamos A Pescar™, joined this effort when it was introduced in 2013. The campaigns have helped in generating $650M that is distributed to the states for conservation efforts. In addition, TakeMeFishing.org and VamosAPescar.org increase awareness of the need to protect, conserve and restore the nation's aquatic resources by encouraging participation in recreational boating and fishing.
To learn more about Take Me Fishing and to access fishing and boating 'how-to' and 'where-to' information, visit TakeMeFishing.org.
About the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
RBFF is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase participation in recreational angling and boating, thereby protecting and restoring the nation's aquatic natural resources. RBFF developed the award-winning Take Me Fishing™ and Vamos A Pescar™ campaigns to create awareness around boating, fishing and conservation, and educate people about the benefits of participation. Take Me Fishing and Vamos A Pescar help boaters and anglers of all ages and experience levels learn, plan and equip for a day on the water. The campaign websites, TakeMeFishing.org, and VamosAPescar.org, feature how-to videos, information on how to get a fishing license and boat registration, and an interactive state-by-state map that allows visitors to find local boating and fishing spots.
Follow Take Me Fishing™ and Vamos A Pescar™ within the social media space:
SOURCE Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation