ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., March 3, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto – the best-selling gelato brand in the United States* – is releasing four new Layers flavors and two new dairy-free Sorbettos, created with the same signature craftsmanship and unique flavor profiles the brand is known for.
Following the success of last year's launch of Talenti Layers, the new line offers the same craftsmanship in four decadent flavors:
- Coffee Cookie Crumble: Talenti's take on an Affogato is made with fair trade Brazilian and Colombian coffee beans and traditional Italian amaretti cookies. The classic coffee and ice cream dessert comes to life with layers of cold brew gelato, chocolate flakes, chocolate coffee sauce, vanilla bean gelato, and amaretti cookie pieces.
- Banana Caramel Crunch: Inspired by banana pudding, the classic southern dessert is coupled with a layer of dulce de leche for a unique Talenti twist. The new flavor combines indulgent layers of banana pudding gelato, pie crust pieces, dulce de leche, and more pie crust pieces.
- Lemon Berry Pie: Talenti's spin on the Southern lemon pie. Lemon zest is steeped in fresh cream, milk, and sugar to create lemon gelato, perfectly paired with graham pieces, blueberry sauce, and pie crust cookies.
- Dairy-Free Coconut Chocolate Cookie Layer: Introducing the first-ever dairy-free Talenti Layers flavor, inspired by coconut macaroons. Crafted with real coconuts from the Philippines, Coconut Chocolate Cookie features coconut sorbetto, oat crisps, dairy-free hot fudge, and chocolate cookie pieces pieces and is suitable for a vegan diet (no animal byproducts).
"At Talenti, each flavor is crafted for taste and we're always listening to fan feedback to our flavors, including our Layers and sorbetto lines. That's why we are excited to add flavors that directly respond to what our fans want, such as coffee and dairy-free options," says Leslie Miller, Director of Marketing, Ice Cream North America.
There's even more to love for Talenti's dairy-free fans with the addition of two new Sorbettos – Strawberry Hibiscus and Dark Chocolate. Each is rich in flavor and made with the finest ingredients.
- Strawberry Hibiscus: This sorbetto steeped with hibiscus flowers presents a unique flavor profile and beautiful color. Sweet strawberries and real hibiscus flowers are blended for a perfectly sweet dairy-free sorbetto with a hibiscus swirl.
- Dark Chocolate: So creamy and smooth, you'll hardly believe this flavor is dairy-free! This decadent, dairy-free dark chocolate sorbetto is made with cocoa and a dairy-free chocolate sauce.
Each unique flavor is packaged in clear reusable containers that are now made with 100% Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Plastic. With this switch, Talenti expects to save 2,823 metric tons of virgin plastic per year – enough to line up end to end from NYC to Florence, Italy!
Talenti Layers and Sorbettos are available at major retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99 to $6.49 per jar.
The complete Talenti line of gelatos and sorbettos includes 45 flavors:
- Caramel Cookie Crunch
- Mediterranean Mint
- Pacific Coast Pistachio (formerly Sicilian Pistachio)
- Madagascan Vanilla Bean
- Southern Butter Pecan
- Sea Salt Caramel
- Double Dark Chocolate
- Coffee Chocolate Chip
- Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- Caribbean Coconut
- Coconut Almond Chocolate
- Vanilla Caramel Swirl
- Belgian Chocolate
- Fudge Brownie
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Vanilla Blueberry Crumble
- Raspberry Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie**
- Caramel Apple Pie**
- Pumpkin Pie**
- Peppermint Bark**
- Old World Eggnog**
- Coffee Cookie Crumble
- Banana Caramel Crunch
- Coconut Chocolate Cookie (dairy-free)
- Lemon Berry Pie
- Salted Caramel Truffle
- Vanilla Fudge Cookie
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- Mint Fudge Cookie
- Peanut Butter Vanilla Fudge
- Black Raspberry Vanilla Parfait
- Dark Chocolate Cherry
- Dark Chocolate
- Strawberry Hibiscus
- Roman Raspberry
- Alphonso Mango
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Brown Butter Caramel
- Oak-Aged Vanilla
- Chocolate Mousse
- Ginger Matcha
*Than regular ice cream
** Special Batch flavors
About Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto
Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto is crafted for taste – using only the highest quality ingredients sourced from around the world, and using a slow-cooking process that's so unmistakable – it's "Clearly Talenti." It's with this unique focus on real ingredients and craftsmanship that the brand has grown from a small gelateria in 2003 to the best-selling gelato in the United States. Packaged in recyclable and reusable containers, Talenti is not only the difference you can see, but the one you can taste.
For a full list of Talenti products and to find retail locations that sell Talenti, please visit www.TalentiGelato.com. To keep up with Talenti news, visit Talenti on Facebook, Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
About Unilever North America
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, and Foods & Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Degree, Dollar Shave Club, Dove, Hellmann's, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Love Beauty and Planet, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond's, Popsicle, Pure Leaf, Q-tips, Seventh Generation, Simple, Sir Kensington's, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TAZO, TIGI, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) underpins the company's strategy and commits to:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
The USLP creates value by driving growth and trust, eliminating costs and reducing risks. In 2018, the company's Sustainable Living Brands grew 69% faster than the rest of the business, compared to 46% in 2017.
Since 2010 we have been taking action through the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan to help more than a billion people improve their health and well-being, halve our environmental footprint and enhance the livelihoods of millions of people as we grow our business. We have already made significant progress and continue to expand our ambition – most recently committing to ensure 100% of our plastic packaging is fully reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025. While there is still more to do, we are proud to have been recognized in 2018 as sector leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and as the top ranked company in the GlobeScan/Sustainability Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders survey, for the eighth-consecutive year.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
For more information on Unilever Canada and its brands visit: www.unilever.ca
For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
SOURCE Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto