HOUSTON, Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas (TAMEST) will gather together some of the state's top minds in research and industry to explore what the future holds for aerospace in Texas, the country and the world. TAMEST 2018 Annual Conference: Aerospace takes place January 10–12, 2018, at the South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center in League City, Texas.
Texas is a leader in aerospace, home to the only human space flight center in the nation, a planetary institute and over 1,400 aerospace-related companies. This conference will explore the potential in Texas for greater research and development in aerospace, specifically in the areas of human space flight, aeronautics and commercial space exploration.
"Texas has a wealth of expertise in aerospace. This conference is a unique opportunity for us to not just learn from each other, but also to share with Texas and the nation what we can do," says Conference Program Chair Bonnie Dunbar, Ph.D., Texas A&M University.
To learn more, visit: tamest.org/2018
Featured speakers include:
- Senator Ted Cruz (R–TX) on the state of aerospace in Texas and the U.S. (pending Senate business)
- Ron Ricks of Southwest Airlines Co. on how Southwest helped revolutionize the airline industry
- Christopher Ferguson of Boeing and Gwynne Shotwell of SpaceX on the emergence of commercial space flight
- Kate Rubins, Ph.D. of NASA on her experiences setting up a lab and sequencing DNA aboard the International Space Station
Special programming includes:
- Important aerospace industry updates from leaders at Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Southwest Airlines Co., SpaceX and more.
- A look at the medicine, engineering and science advancements happening aboard the International Space Station.
- A panel of astronauts discussing their work both during and after their flight careers and their future visions for aerospace.
- Prominent Texas scientists describe the latest results from various robotic missions revealing new knowledge of planetary origins, processes and history.
Media are encouraged to attend (complimentary), and interview opportunities are available upon request.
TAMEST (The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas) is the state's premier scientific organization, bringing together Texas' best and brightest scientists and researchers. TAMEST membership includes all Texas-based members of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine and the state's Nobel Laureates.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tamest-2018-annual-conference-aerospace-300570365.html
SOURCE The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas