ANAHEIM, Calif., Oct. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Targus, the industry leader that introduced the first universal dual-video docking station to deliver laptop power, announced the launch of the USB-C Universal Docking Station (DOCK410USZ), a compact 4K docking station that supports USB-C technology.
The USB-C Universal Docking Station can connect up to two high-definition displays for crisp, clear images at resolutions up to 3840 x 2160. Its ergonomic wedge design supports the laptop for comfortable typing, and its compact size fits in the hot-desking, flexible environments of modern workspaces.
The Targus USB-C Universal Docking Station has the following connectivity ports:
- 1x USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode (aka Alt-Mode) host connection
- 3 x USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Generation 1) Type-A (for device charging)
- 1x USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Generation 1) Type-C
- 2x DisplayPort 1.2a video ports
- 1x HDMI 2.0 video port
- 1x DVI-D video port
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio In/Out port
- Standard industry lock slot
"USB-C is smaller, faster, and more powerful than its USB predecessors and is quickly becoming the industry standard. Our new USB-C Docking Station ensures that customers can continue to rely on Targus for docking station solutions for both efficiency and for future-proofing their hardware," says Ron DeCamp, Director of Product Management. "We're also developing accessories like the USB-C Multiplexer Adapter to ensure enterprises don't have to abandon their current docking solution to work with USB-C devices."
Along with the USB-C Universal Docking Station, Targus has introduced a USB-C Multiplexer Adapter (ACA41USZ) that enables Targus' patented powered docks — the Dual 2K Universal Docking Station with Power (ACP77USZ) and the Universal Docking Station with Power (ACP71USZ) — to be USB-C friendly. The USB-C Multiplexer Adapter instantly connects these docking stations to USB-C devices. Its two input ports, USB-A and 2-pin DC power, output to USB-C for charging devices, syncing data, and transmitting HD video and graphics delivered by ACP71USZ and ACP77USZ.
Targus leads the universal docking station market with over 40% of Fortune 1000 companies using its docks, including:
- Universal USB 3.0 Dual HD Video Docking Station (ACP70USZ)
- Universal USB 3.0 Dual HD Video Docking Station with Power (ACP71USZ)
- Universal USB 3.0 DV2K Docking Station with Power (ACP77USZ)
- VersaLink™ Universal USB 3.0 Dual Video Travel Dock (DOCK110USZ)
- 2K Universal Docking Station with Single 2K/Dual HD Video (DOCK120USZ)
- 4K Universal Docking Station (DOCK130USZ)
- 2K Dual DisplayPort Universal Docking Station (DOCK150USZ)
- Thunderbolt 2 4K Universal Docking Station (DOCK210USZ)
Pricing and Availability
The USB-C Universal Docking Station (suggested retail price: $199.99) and the USB-C Multiplexer Adapter (suggested retail price: $59.99) are available through authorized resellers and at targus.com.
Since creating the first laptop case more than 30 years ago, Targus has been a leader in the mobile computing accessories category for businesses and end users alike. Today, Targus continues to advance the category with innovative, productivity-boosting solutions that enable an ever-changing workforce to perform at their best — anytime, anywhere. Targus' wide range of products — bags, cases, docking stations, and computer peripherals — designed with its industry-leading, patent-protected technologies deliver the protection and connectivity essential for today's connected world. A trusted partner of SMBs and Fortune 1000 business worldwide, Targus is headquartered in Anaheim, California, with over 45 offices around the globe and distribution in more than 100 countries. To learn more, visit targus.com.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/targus and follow us on LinkedIn at LinkedIn.com/Targus.