VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Tasktop Technologies (www.tasktop.com), creators of Eclipse Mylyn and a leading provider of task management for application lifecycle management (ALM), today announced Tasktop Pro 1.7, which builds on the release of Mylyn 3.4, the latest version of the most widely adopted ALM integration suite for the Eclipse IDE. The latest version of Tasktop Pro includes new and updated integration connectors with leading ALM platforms, enhancements for Windows 7 and integrations with Twitter for social media collaboration.
"With this latest release of Tasktop Pro we continue to extend the power of Mylyn's task management to leading Agile project management and ALM offerings," said Mik Kersten, CEO of Tasktop Technologies and creator of the open source Eclipse Mylyn project. "Tasktop Pro now provides integrations for nearly all of the leading Agile project tracking tools, and connects them seamlessly to open source solutions ranging from Bugzilla to SVN, as well as commercial collaboration technologies such as Microsoft Exchange and Twitter. Combined with the Helios releases of Eclipse and Mylyn, Tasktop has become the developer's single console for all programming, collaboration, and planning activities."
The latest version of Tasktop Pro 1.7 includes:
- Additional Connectors and Integrations – new and updated integrations include the Tasktop connectors for IBM Rational Team Concert and ClearQuest, ScrumWorks Pro, and Bugzilla, and updated connectors are now available for Rally and JIRA. Tasktop also now provides easy installation of the recently released a connector for Perforce.
- Enhancements for Windows 7 – including server synchronization progress monitoring and access to frequently used functionality from the windows task bar.
- Twitter Integration – for broadcasting the active task and viewing tweets related to a task, useful for social collaboration and awareness in community-driven development, such as open source projects.
- Improved Installation – all Tasktop Certified connectors can now be installed from the centralized dashboard.
- Task List Upgrade – new presentation upgrades provide enhanced team awareness and communication when working with large task lists.
Tasktop created its task management tools to help developers be more productive by making it effortless for them to organize their work around tasks and automatically present the most relevant source code and project management information associated with each task. The end result is that developers no longer have to waste time repeatedly searching and scrolling for the information they need to write code, since the IDE shows only the information relevant to the task-at-hand. One-click multitasking allows the developer to minimize the impact of interruptions by instantly recalling relevant information needed to complete specific tasks.
Pricing and Availability
Tasktop Pro 1.7 is available immediately. Pricing for Tasktop Pro is $99-per-user and includes commercial ALM integrations, advanced productivity features, and is available as either an Eclipse IDE plugin or a standalone application for project managers. In addition, Tasktop offers the Tasktop Enterprise edition for $199-per-user that includes enhanced support and additional integration for IBM Rational ClearQuest, ClearCase and Team Concert. A free Tasktop Pro trial can be downloaded at (http://tasktop.com/download). For a guided evaluation of Tasktop Enterprise,, please call (778) 588-6896, or visit (http://tasktop.com).
Mylyn 3.4 is available as a free open source tool with community support and integrations for Bugzilla and Trac. It can be downloaded at (http://eclipse.org/mylyn).
About Tasktop Technologies
Tasktop Technologies created the task-focused interface and widely popular Eclipse Mylyn tool that is used by hundreds of thousands of programmers around the globe. In addition, it offers its commercially supported Tasktop Pro and Tasktop Enterprise products that improve developer productivity and increase project management visibility through IDE integration with today's leading software development management tools. Tasktop also provides training and consulting services to the growing number of companies adopting the task-focused paradigm and tools. For more information please visit (http://tasktop.com), or call 778-588-6896.
SOURCE Tasktop Technologies