LAS VEGAS, Oct. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau or TCEB today announced strong growth in business events visitors from the US. Making the announcement at IMEX America, TCEB also introduced its 'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart Your World' brand communication campaign for the 2016 fiscal year, reasserting Thailand as a destination at the HEART of ASEAN among the international business community.
The bureau reported that from October 2014 to June 2015, Thailand welcomed 38,584 business events travellers from the US contributing more than US$108 million to the country's economy. As an integral part to the success of Thailand's meetings, incentives, conventions, and exhibition sectors, the US placed in Thailand's top five source markets, with the number of business events travellers in the first three quarters of 2015 already surpassing the number of travellers in the full 2014 fiscal year.
TCEB also confirmed its full year visitor number projections, announcing it expects to welcome 1,036,300 business events visitors in 2015, earning the Thai economy US$3.03 billion, which is anticipated to grow to 1,089,000 business travellers and US$3.33 billion in 2016.
Outlining its key strategy to drive growth, the bureau revealed details of the 'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart, Your World' campaign, which highlights three key pillars of Thailand's MICE industry: Destinations of Thailand, under the tagline 'Your heart's desire: diverse destinations with seamless connections; Business in Thailand, which emphasises Thailand's position 'at the heart of the world: helping you seize the opportunities across the globe, Asia and ASEAN', and People of Thailand: focusing on 'Seamless Excellence, Passionate Hearts'.
Mr Nopparat Maythaveekulchai, president of TCEB revealed that, "TCEB's role in advancing...Thailand's MICE industry is in line with government policy of reinforcing international confidence in Thailand. To spearhead a renewed strategy in 2016, the 'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart, Your World' campaign highlights Thailand's role not only as a unique destination at the HEART of ASEAN and an unparalleled business hub at the HEART of both the emerging Asian region and the global marketplace, but also a thriving hub, where passionate people offer seamless service from the HEART, and with an unforgettable smile."
The 'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart, Your World' brand communications campaign aims to capture the essence of Thailand's unique position as a preferred global business events destination, highlighting how the country's service-oriented translates into tangible opportunities for business travellers, with all elements working in perfect synergy.
'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart, Your World' builds on a strong legacy of the three fundamental pillars of Thailand's MICE industry including (1) Destinations (2) Business and (3) People, by showcasing the best of all three elements.
1. Destinations of Thailand: Your Heart's Desire, Diverse Destinations with Seamless Connections highlighting three key attributes, which include:
(1) Endless opportunities to create unforgettable experiences: Creatively curated experiences with 7 magnificent themes including Fascinating history and culture, Treasured team building, Exhilarating adventures, CSR and Green meetings, Lavish luxury, Culinary Journeys, and Beach bliss. Also highlighted are Thailand's 5 Dynamic MICE cities including Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai and Khao Yai, and prestigious worldwide recognition as being ranked among the world's best places for doing business
(2) The Lifeblood of the AEC, connecting you to tomorrow's profitable possibilities: World-class infrastructure, leading MICE facilities such as cutting-edge airports, expanded seaports, and growing train hubs are hallmarks of Thailand's transportation network, and continue to develop alongside MICE facilities to support business expansion
(3) Seamlessly more from our world to yours 24/7: Digital, seamlessly connected infrastructure, including fast, complimentary WiFi when landing at Suvarnabhumi International Airport or any of the country's six international airports, in-flight WiFi on Thai Airways and Nok Air, and a nationwide 3G/4G LTE mobile network
2. Business in Thailand: At The Heart of the World, Helping You Seize The Opportunities Of Tomorrow Across The Globe, Asia And ASEAN highlighting three key attributes, which include:
(1) The emerging global hub: A high potential market for global MICE businesses with our vibrant free-enterprise economy and pro-investment policies, five world-leading export industries (Automotive, Food & Agriculture, Infrastructure, Health & Wellness, Energy), as well as International Festival and Events in key economic sectors (Cultural, Creative & Lifestyle, Entertainment, Tourism & Sports)
(2) The beating heart of Asia: The world's rising economic powerhouse. As a leader in regional partnerships (RCEP, BIMSTEC, APEC), and an engine of dynamic economic growth, Thailand is the beckoning gateway to a vibrant, emerging region
(3) The pulse of the AEC, driving innovation: Thailand is the leader in fostering close ASEAN Collaboration through AEC+GMS, and free trade agreements. The country plays a trailblazing role in strong regional tradeshows and industries, nurtured by Thai government policies
3. People of Thailand: Seamless Excellence, Passionate Hearts, a Truly Unique Blend of World-Leading Industry Standards, Partnerships and Authentic Hospitality, highlighting three key attributes, which include:
(1) A passionate ASEAN MICE industry leader: Raising six comprehensive MICE standards as a business trailblazer in ASEAN, with 42 world-class MICE-certified venues
(2) An abundant ecosystem of talented business events professionals: Internationally recognised, qualified people to support MICE businesses, professionals, and strong Public - Private - People - Partnerships delivered by a united Thai team
(3) An Authentic Thai Welcome and Service With Seamless Excellence: Seamless Service from MICE Professionals, 70 million hearts ready to welcome you with open arms
Under the 'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart, Your World' campaign, TCEB is introducing several exciting promotional packages. The first is the Thailand Connect Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA) Welcome Package, providing recipients with special hotel and retail discounts, as well as other benefits, right in the heart of Bangkok's vibrant downtown district. Complementing this is the CONNECT Beyond The Capital Package, presenting international corporate clients the opportunity to discover the diversity of Thailand with promotions from domestic partner airlines, and thirdly the CONNECT Business package, which offers exclusive promotions for trade visitors who achieve business matching at exhibitions in Thailand. All three packages offer special privileges for overseas organizers and delegates alike.
The 2016 fiscal year also sees Thailand's thriving MICE industry play host of a range of the world's most important events, including F6 Global Convention 2015, the Organo Gold Asia Convention 2015, the 28th World Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) Council 2015, the 2015 Special Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses, One Young World 2015, The 54th OSEAL Forum Program, the 3rd Asia Pacific Glaucoma Congress 2016, the Asia Fitness Conference and Expo 2015, Cosmex 2015, Exporail South East Asia 2016, TBEX Asia, in addition to Thailand's inaugural world-class lighting festival, and others.
"By showcasing the 'Thailand CONNECT...Our Heart, Your World' campaign at IMEX America, we prepare Thailand Pavilion for business travellers at booth number 2641 to further boost confidence in Thailand within the US business community. The campaign will highlight how Thailand's myriad landscapes provide wondrous places to discover, and our destinations offer creatively curated experiences and untapped opportunities for organisers, delegates and visitors alike. With a dynamic, fast-growing economy, Thailand is also a springboard to our rapidly emerging neighbours in ASEAN and the Greater Mekong Subregion. Finally, it also showcases signature Thai service, and how high standards nationwide add seamless professionalism to any business event," Mr Nopparat added.
For more information, please contact Corporate Communications Division
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization)
Ms Arisara Thanuplang, Tel: +66-2-694-6095, Email: [email protected]
Ms Kanokwan Kadeedang, Tel: +66-2-694-6006, Email: [email protected]
Ms Kwanchanok Otton, Tel: +66-2-694-6096, Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau