Tecate Profiles Sixteen Individuals Who Punch Above Their Weight Across Their Craft
From World Champion Boxers to an Aspiring Comedian to a World-Class Chef, Tecate Raises a Glass to Each of Their Accomplishments
23 Aug, 2017, 11:00 ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Tecate, the official beer of boxing and the presenting and exclusive beer sponsor for the most anticipated boxing match of 2017 between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady "GGG" Golovkin on September 16 in Las Vegas, launches "16 Stories of Punch." The multi-channel digital campaign will celebrate individuals who distinctly take a bold yet light-hearted approach to punching their way through life.
The campaign will begin and end with posts about Tecate brand ambassador, current lineal and Ring Magazine Middleweight Champion Canelo Alvarez, who will share his personal story to inspire others at the conclusion of the campaign on September 16, Mexican Independence Day.
Other notable participants included in the Tecate campaign will be:
- Reigning unified WBC, WBA (Super), IBF, and IBO world middleweight champion, Gennady "GGG" Golovkin, the Mexican-style fighter, who will risk his undefeated boxing record and all of his titles on Saturday, September 16.
- International super chef, Enrique Olvera, who has two restaurants featured in the prestigious "World's 50 Best Restaurants," Mexico City's Pujol and New York City's Cosme.
- One of the most prominent bilingual sports authorities in the world, Bernardo Osuna, is ESPN and ESPN Deportes lead boxing commentator and can be heard and seen at most major sporting events around the world.
- Known by millions as Piolín, Eduardo Sotelo is arguably the most recognized and animated personality on Spanish radio in the US being broadcast across 45 Hispanic radio stations nationally.
- Inspired by Mexican traditions and colors, internationally acclaimed artist Edgar "Saner" Flores draws upon his Mexico City roots to share his distinct point-of-view in galleries across Mexico, the U.S., London, Berlin and Barcelona.
- As the first American woman to qualify for the Olympics in the first year that women's boxing was an Olympic event, Marlen Esparza, is an inspiration to all who want to lace up their gloves and currently remains an undefeated professional boxer.
- President of Golden Boy Promotions, Eric Gomez, has touched every element of Oscar De La Hoya's company from renowned matchmaker to now overseeing day-to-day operations.
More individuals will be added to the program over the coming weeks including aspiring comedians, actors, bloggers and entrepreneurs with each being individually profiled through digital posts accompanied by a visually inspiring interpretation by Saner.
"At the most basic level, 16 Stories of Punch represents the humor and light-hearted spirit that Mexican-Americans and those we embrace use when approaching challenges in life," said Gustavo Guerra, Tecate and Tecate Light Brand Director. "We've shared eight names that you're likely familiar with, but we'll also be shining a light on eight additional names that we think should be on your radar for the future."
All 16 profiles and Saner-inspired graphics will be on display across Tecate's social channels and will then be physically brought to life with an interactive photo exhibit during the Tecate Fan Fiesta in Las Vegas during the lead up to Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin on September 16.
For additional details on Tecate's "16 Stories of Punch" campaign, the Tecate Bold Punch app, the sponsorship of Golden Boy Promotions' fights, or to speak with a Tecate representative about the brand, please contact BRAYA at [email protected].
About HEINEKEN USA
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading high end beer importer, is a subsidiary of HEINEKEN N.V., the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken®, the world's most international beer brand, Strongbow Hard Apple Ciders, Amstel Light, and Newcastle Brown Ale. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis Franchise, Tecate Franchise, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For the latest information on our company and brands, follow us on Twitter @HeinekenUSACorp, or visit HEINEKENUSA.com.
SOURCE HEINEKEN USA Inc.
Share this article