LOS ANGELES, June 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- WAV, a Los Angeles-based live streaming music discovery app and artist platform, has officially launched in all major global markets. The app features exclusive content, such as music videos, docuseries, interviews, and concert footage from both established and emerging artists. WAV has onboarded dozens of artists from the worlds of hip-hop and dance music, facilitating their use of WAV's proprietary technology to tell fresh stories in interactive ways. Artists have the opportunity to live stream video content and interact directly with their fans in real-time, all while creating new revenue opportunities - all within the app.
WAV's parent company NAVER Corp., is the premier Internet company in Korea. NAVER has an impressive track record of incubating new tech startups, such as LINE, a leading global messaging app with more than 220 million monthly active users in more than 230 countries. WAV benefits greatly from NAVER's rich ecosystem of consumer-friendly tech companies.
Leading WAV is CEO Jeanie Han, former CEO of LINE Euro-Americas Corp. Han recruited veteran music executive Steve Rifkind, former founder and chairman of Loud Records and SRC Records, to shepherd the talent group at WAV. Rifkind focuses on discovering up-and-coming artists and creating a collective of A&R executives to sign rising talent.
"WAV is an incubator for young artists and gives them the tools to express their music creatively and expand their audience reach," commented Han. "I'm extremely proud of the progress we've made and how this will revolutionize and monetize the way we interact with and consume content."
In addition to creating content directly with artists, WAV is forming strategic partnerships on many levels with industry leaders, music corporations, and collectives. WAV has already set up content partnerships with tastemaking entities such as The FADER, OWSLA, The Rolling Loud Festival, HipHopDX, and more.
WAV also hosts special live, in-person events at their Los Angeles headquarters that enhance the artist-fan experience. WAV's menu of possible "real world" events include:
- WAV SESSIONS - artist listening sessions and album release parties - e.g. 24hrs Night Shift exclusive listening party with Wiz Khalifa and Ty Dolla Sign
- WAV LIVE - live streamed concerts and performances
- WAV SCREENS - private film and video premiere screenings for artists and brand partners
- WAV POP-UPS - pop-up concerts, events, merch stores, art installations, and artist activations
- WAV CONVERSATIONS - Q&As, AMAs, panels/roundtables moderated by key industry influencers
Partnerships opportunities for industry leaders, brands, record labels, and artists include:
- Creating your own dedicated WAV channel
- Collaborating with WAV to fund and produce original content such as:
- Music videos
- Live streams of concerts
- Developing and producing original series around talent
Click here to view the link to WAV's official launch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maq5eZDvTZ0
Click here for a link to the WAV logo and high res images: http://bit.ly/2pYeGl3
For more info:
- Website: http://www.wav.media
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wav/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WAV.Media
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wav_media
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tech-ceo-jeanie-han-launches-wav-an-innovative-music-discovery-platform-and-taps-industry-veteran-steve-rifkind-founder-of-loud-records-and-src-records-300467960.html